What's your favorite thing to cook on the grill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Co-jack cheese works well also, just have to stay on top of it to get it just right. I used to do that in cast iron on the stove top. I will have to try Parmesan, sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are so many little things to quickly cook that are delicious, and ways of doing things the easy way. I have been buying the canned pizza dough (like biscuits) for years to make my own pizzas. Never again. One part self rising flour and one part Greek Yogurt. Mix it up and let it set 10 min or less and roll it out. It makes great bread sticks with a sprinkle of garlic powder also. Yogurt keeps for months in the frig after opening, it is already soured.

I have been "the family" sausage gravy maker for 60ys. I would fry the sausage, put a few chopped onions in it (they dissapear but the flavor is still there) pull it out of the pan and add flour to the grease to make the rue, add milk, then add the sausage back in. Yep, saw a more fool proof much easier way. When your sausage/onion is just about done, pour out a little grease if needed and just dump in a cup of flour and let it slow brown sturing with the sausage. Then add milk and cook as usual. It slow browns, less exacting to get it just right. And only one pan to clean up. This old dog learned a new trick. Ha Ha

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are so many little things to quickly cook that are delicious, and ways of doing things the easy way. I have been buying the canned pizza dough (like biscuits) for years to make my own pizzas. Never again. One part self rising flour and one part Greek Yogurt. Mix it up and let it set 10 min or less and roll it out. It makes great bread sticks with a sprinkle of garlic powder also. Yogurt keeps for months in the frig after opening, it is already soured.

I have been "the family" sausage gravy maker for 60ys. I would fry the sausage, put a few chopped onions in it (they dissapear but the flavor is still there) pull it out of the pan and add flour to the grease to make the rue, add milk, then add the sausage back in. Yep, saw a more fool proof much easier way. When your sausage/onion is just about done, pour out a little grease if needed and just dump in a cup of flour and let it slow brown sturing with the sausage. Then add milk and cook as usual. It slow browns, less exacting to get it just right. And only one pan to clean up. This old dog learned a new trick. Ha Ha

Where do you live?

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha Ha, not near a restaurant row. 12 miles from the nearest restaurant and 20 miles from the nearest "real" grocery store. Usually I can prepare, cook, and clean up the mess in less time than driving in to pay double or way more the price for food that might not be as good to me. And I enjoy and have time to do it myself. Many people do not have time or care to learn to cook and experiment. I do have a dog that helps me taste test a lot of things, we make his "dog food" to freeze up frequently. I could just add a little salt and pepper and it is not bad as a stew for me also and overall not any more expensive than store bought DF.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha Ha, not near a restaurant row. 12 miles from the nearest restaurant and 20 miles from the nearest "real" grocery store. Usually I can prepare, cook, and clean up the mess in less time than driving in to pay double or way more the price for food that might not be as good to me. And I enjoy and have time to do it myself. Many people do not have time or care to learn to cook and experiment. I do have a dog that helps me taste test a lot of things, we make his "dog food" to freeze up frequently. I could just add a little salt and pepper and it is not bad as a stew for me also and overall not any more expensive than store bought DF.
Interesting...
So not much into Lobster? LOL
A grilled Fillet Steak and lightly boiled or grilled Lobster is one of my favorites and the dog aint gettin a single bite, and I aint eatin nothing that my dog does (or my cats, I dont have dogs, I have 2 cats) lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom