What's Your Side-Hustle or Passive Income? Legit Question.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds about right. I think my survey thing netted me about $500 last year. Like you said...it's not a lot but it's something. The HD thing...that's a good gig.

Prolly be in the egg business before long. The chickens are really ramping up production and they just started laying last week. We're about to have more eggs than we know what to do with.

Oh huh!! I didn't even think of my girls as a side hustle, but I guess they are. I sell everything we don't eat -- and could sell a lot more if I'd add hens but I think I have plenty for a backyard in suburbia. Now when the front is fenced off next spring?? 🤔🤔🤔 I might add a few more. Or maybe get back into ducks. I like ducks better. Their eggs sell for more and their poo is a "cold" compost, like the rabbits, instead of "hot" like the chickens ...

Lately I've been tempted to start selling baked goods. Like sourdough bread, muffins, cookies -- that kind of stuff. Not as much drama from the Health Department as their are with some other things that would fall into my wheelhouse naturally. I dunno ... Maybe I'll start doing that when it closer to the holidays. People want homemade breads and stuff but they don't have the time to fool with it. And I wouldn't mind. 🤷🤷It's not like I'm doing much these days anyway and I have a Kitchenaid mixer now so I wouldn't have to knead it manually -- I've tried and my back is just NOT gonna let me do that anymore. 😢😢

I used to do sewing and alterations but I got tired of people saying they could buy it for $50 a Dillards if they waited to catch it on sale so why couldn't I do "it" for $10?? They were, to the woman, aghast at my response. People are assholes ... 😉😂😂 If I ever sew for people again I will NOT sew for women -- men clients ONLY. You guys are GREAT!

My ex-boyfriend said the only time on his life he'd ever had a jacket that the sleeves were long enough for him was when I made his jackets for him. That man had Neanderthal arms ... His hands hung clear down to his knees when he was just standing there. 😂😂😂 Grumpy is crazy spoilt because I cannot stand it when a man's sleeves are too long -- or too short. They both look crazy uncomfortable to me so I just fix it. I guess sewing the sleeves on your shirts/jackets and/or hemming your pants is my love language. Lol

Eta: I have a friend that accidentally got into rescuing rabbits. She is selling the rabbit poo to gardeners by the quart-sized Ziploc bag. I dunno how much she is getting but DAMN ... Lol And the horse ranch up the street (or what's left of it anyway) -- will give their horse poo away. All you have to do is back your truck in, get your shovel out and load up what you want. One man's trash ... Errr poo ... Is another man's treasure. Haha!

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I could handle the heat this would be one of my side hustles. Good money and exercise.

Same here. I tried to mow the lawn a couple of weeks ago, though, and I couldn't start the mower. 🤦🤦🤦 Then when Grumpy got it started for me and I put both hands on the handle my back reminded me INSTANTLY that it was no longer happy with ANY of my life choices. 🤦🤦🤦 Sigh ... Some days I can't win for losing. 🤷🤷

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got an interview for a 2nd job this weekend, but in the meantime....Tulsa is paying $540 for 5 plasma "donations" in the first month.

I donated for several years in the "single mom" phase of my life. It was good money and a much needed nap on those days. Honestly, I'd still be doing it if it wasn't for me developing a sympathetic response to getting stuck. (My BP would spike. It was normal all the rest of my time but I'd go into the clinic and BOOP ..
Up it would go. They wouldn't draw after the 2nd or 3rd time of that. 😢) Now I probably take too many meds -- only stuff for pain and chronic heartburn but still ... Seems like a lot to me ...

Lucky

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh huh!! I didn't even think of my girls as a side hustle, but I guess they are. I sell everything we don't eat -- and could sell a lot more if I'd add hens but I think I have plenty for a backyard in suburbia. Now when the front is fenced off next spring?? 🤔🤔🤔 I might add a few more. Or maybe get back into ducks. I like ducks better. Their eggs sell for more and their poo is a "cold" compost, like the rabbits, instead of "hot" like the chickens ...

Lately I've been tempted to start selling baked goods. Like sourdough bread, muffins, cookies -- that kind of stuff. Not as much drama from the Health Department as their are with some other things that would fall into my wheelhouse naturally. I dunno ... Maybe I'll start doing that when it closer to the holidays. People want homemade breads and stuff but they don't have the time to fool with it. And I wouldn't mind. 🤷🤷It's not like I'm doing much these days anyway and I have a Kitchenaid mixer now so I wouldn't have to knead it manually -- I've tried and my back is just NOT gonna let me do that anymore. 😢😢

I used to do sewing and alterations but I got tired of people saying they could buy it for $50 a Dillards if they waited to catch it on sale so why couldn't I do "it" for $10?? They were, to the woman, aghast at my response. People are assholes ... 😉😂😂 If I ever sew for people again I will NOT sew for women -- men clients ONLY. You guys are GREAT!

My ex-boyfriend said the only time on his life he'd ever had a jacket that the sleeves were long enough for him was when I made his jackets for him. That man had Neanderthal arms ... His hands hung clear down to his knees when he was just standing there. 😂😂😂 Grumpy is crazy spoilt because I cannot stand it when a man's sleeves are too long -- or too short. They both look crazy uncomfortable to me so I just fix it. I guess sewing the sleeves on your shirts/jackets and/or hemming your pants is my love language. Lol
Or start putting together pre made meals that you toss in the oven? Enchiladas, lasagna, casserole? Just thinking out loud.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or start putting together pre made meals that you toss in the oven? Enchiladas, lasagna, casserole? Just thinking out loud.

Yeah but then the Health Department crawls up your ass and stays there. They DO NOT like people cooking at home. For some reason, though, breads and muffins and stuff like that gets a pass. I'm assuming it's because those types of things don't require refrigeration to keep them safe after being cooked. 🤷🤷 If anybody actually knows they are welcome to chime in and educate me. 😘

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a riding mower for all my lawns except one and have to push mow the back that takes like 5 mins so i tolerate it, the weedeating is what gets my back down but only have 1 that has alot of weedeating and i take alot of breaks on it and sit under the shade tree thats why i only do 1 a day so i can take long breaks if need be.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Eta: I have a friend that accidentally got into rescuing rabbits. She is selling the rabbit poo to gardeners by the quart-sized Ziploc bag. I dunno how much she is getting but DAMN ... Lol And the horse ranch up the street (or what's left of it anyway) -- will give their horse poo away. All you have to do is back your truck in, get your shovel out and load up what you want. One man's trash ... Errr poo ... Is another man's treasure. Haha!

Damn!!! If you ever move to an acreage there ain’t no telling!!!!!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We get ours at the sale barn in Ada. It's free...as much as you want...and they load it for you with a big ole tractor. As a matter of fact, I need to get up there and get some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom