Where is that spot for you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the most part we are all in Oklahoma. Oklahoma has more biological/ecological diversity than most states in the US. It's beautiful in its own respect.

However, we all have that one spot that stands out to us when we get to visit that location. Maybe it's in this state. Maybe it's not. So the question is, what state/location in the United States is that spot for you?

My wife and I have visited several states since being married. Both coasts and to the gulf. Last year we visited Alaska and went back again this year. Both times as vacation and to fish. I haven't hunted there yet at all. Alaska takes the cake for me. It really does seem to be "the last frontier".

Subsonic

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and I love the SW area of Colorado around Ouray and Ridgway in the San Juan mountain range. Took a cruise to Alaska from Vancouver, Ketchican, Juneau, Skagway and then to Anchorage. Spent a couple of days in Anchorage and four days in Wasilla. We really liked Alaska but we were going back to the San Juans a month after that to refresh.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm fortunate that my overall favorite place in the world is the cabin my wife own on 52 acres in Osage County and that we get to go there for a night or two just about every week. My next favorite place is probably New Orleans. We were there earlier this year and are headed back for my birthday the middle of September.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
In OK, on a ranch in eastern Osage county. It was covered with oak draws and big bluestem prairie. On the NE corner of the ranch, down in one of the draws, the creek make a giant U shape. The outside creek bank was almost straight up with rock outcroppings, inside the U was about 2 acres in size, completely flat and had just a few white oaks growing. It was the most serene place, just the sound of the creek crashing on the rocks, nobody for several miles and one of those places where probably not a handful of people have ever been or seen. Because of the U and rock sides, there was only one way in and out.

Outside of OK, in Colorado the area east of Ouray and Silverton.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shipman mountain and the Rawah wilderness area in northern Colorado. Some of the most memorable hunts there with my father and friends. I've told my family I'd like half of my ashes dropped on top of Shipman mountain overlooking North Park.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easy for me.

salt-whistle-bay-beach.jpg

www.grenadinevillas.com_itemimages_350_139b.jpg

www_grenadinevillas_com_getimage_aspx_6190c204880ee4c7d4ad390f9750e255._.jpg

Salt Whistle Bay on Mayreau in Saint Vincent & the Grenadines.

Been 13 years since I've been there and got to go back the other day. I've got about 10 days left down here in the islands. Much as I love some things about Oklahoma, I hate the frigging weather and the lack of an ocean - so I'm trying to figure out a way to make it permanent down here. <sigh> Guns is a big problem, though... most Caribbean islands are NOT gun-friendly, and I would be restricted on how many I could have and would have to pay for a permit and registration fee every year on each gun. So far this has been a major sticking point.

I may just have to keep my place in the States to visit and shoot a couple times a year. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom