Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentarthurdent

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got an email from OSBI. I got my letter on 4/18, but they are saying (yet again) that a license was apparently not sent to the SO. They said it should get mailed on Friday now. But then that's what they said a couple weeks ago too... <sigh>

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found this on an OSBI website yesterday. I guess they restart the 90 day clock if you have to resubmit prints or provide additional information.

NOTICE:
The County Sheriff’s office has 14 days to complete a local background check from the time the Initial Application is submitted. The application is forwarded to the OSBI AFTER the local search is complete.

Per Oklahoma State Statue, the OSBI has 90 days to process an application from the day all required information is received by the OSBI. This includes a good set of fingerprint cards.

If it has been more than 115 days since the application was submitted to the County Sheriff’s Office and you would like to know the status of your application please e-mail your request to the OSBI by clicking the link below.

Website is:http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Concealed_Weapons_Licensing/Check_the_Status_of_Your_Application/index.html

so that means if your local sheriff takes two weeks to process them locally, then that gets added to the time the osbi has to process it. And it actually goes to the fbi for nationwide searches. all counties and even the press has stated that since january there has been an unpresedented amount of them applied for.

Dakota10986

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned in everything February 23 and have still not heard one word. No letter, no phone call, nothing. Im wondering if i should call the Cleveland County Sheriff's office and ask if they know what's up. Anyone tried this or do i need to just shutup and wait patiently? (it's killing me...i've ordered two guns just for CCW w/ custom holsters and everything...)

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I turned in everything February 23 and have still not heard one word. No letter, no phone call, nothing. Im wondering if i should call the Cleveland County Sheriff's office and ask if they know what's up. Anyone tried this or do i need to just shutup and wait patiently? (it's killing me...i've ordered two guns just for CCW w/ custom holsters and everything...)

start here and good luck! http://www.ok.gov/osbi/Concealed_Weapons_Licensing/Check_the_Status_of_Your_Application/index.html

NOTICE:
The County Sheriff’s office has 14 days to complete a local background check from the time the Initial Application is submitted. The application is forwarded to the OSBI AFTER the local search is complete.

Per Oklahoma State Statue, the OSBI has 90 days to process an application from the day all required information is received by the OSBI. This includes a good set of fingerprint cards.

If it has been more than 115 days since the application was submitted to the County Sheriff’s Office and you would like to know the status of your application please e-mail your request to the OSBI by clicking the link below

Latest posts

Top Bottom