Who has dinned at the Vast at the top of the Devon tower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent my 25th on an elk hunt in New Mexico, which BTW was this January.
I was just trying to get a rise from somebody.

My wife is VERY understanding. :D

Mine is, too, but it's about my NASCAR addiction.

1) She skipped her college graduation to take me to Darlington for my 21st birthday.
2) Our wedding was timed so that "I now pronounce you..." coincided with the green flag for a race. (Okay, that part was an accident because our carriage driver was running behind.)
3) We watched the last half of a NASCAR race after our wedding.
4) She's suggested going to a NASCAR weekend for an anniversary, maybe even including a Jeff Gordon VIP experience, though I still haven't got her convinced to camp for a week in the Talladega infield.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

1) She skipped her college graduation to take me to Darlington for my 21st birthday.
2) Our wedding was timed so that "I now pronounce you..." coincided with the green flag for a race. (Okay, that part was an accident because our carriage driver was running behind.)
4) She's suggested going to a NASCAR weekend for an anniversary, maybe even including a Jeff Gordon VIP experience, though I still haven't got her convinced to camp for a week in the Talladega infield.

You sound like the son my father actually wants to have. . . LOL.

He talks NASCAR and I start snoring and drooling.

Sadly I doubt my wife will make it 25 years, we hope to make ten to fifteen before her illness gets the best of her. I really hope it's a lot more but you never know.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

You work on that thing? Gives me the willies just looking at that picture, no way I'd go anywhere near anything like that. I've gotten a lot better over the years with my fear of heights but I still get dizzy and freak out seeing someone up on those kinds of heights on TV....I might have a little ways to go still LOL.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing against Oklahoma, I'm a native Okie, but paying big money for a view of a flat expanse with lights isn't really very impressive. Maybe if there were mountains or valleys or something to admire I could see it, seeing the vast expanse of nothing is more depressing than impressive. It's probably just me but I don't get it.

I've heard a lot of people recommend Mahogany, what about it makes it better than other places? Is it casual or "church formal"?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

I had a wife like that once.

Just a couple weeks after we were married I went to the dirt track races with her brothers, and I was hooked.

I built a stock car over the winter and we spent our next four wedding anniversaries at the track.

I spent every spare minute and dollar keeping that car race ready for four years before I decided that it was becoming more work than fun.

When I quit racing our marriage went downhill fast. Go figure.

o'doyle

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I went for our 14 year anniversary and really enjoyed it. As previously mentioned it's a great "special occasion" place... I also like the fact that they don't make you feel stupid if you're not used to dining in places like that or unable to read the menu. We have also eaten at Mahogany Prime Steakhouse and while the steak was better there, I didn't like the environment as well or the table crumb sweeper guy that wouldn't go away...

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have also eaten at Mahogany Prime Steakhouse and while the steak was better there, I didn't like the environment as well or the table crumb sweeper guy that wouldn't go away...

That's a personal pet peeve so I guess it will have to be removed from my list of places that interest me. This thread made me look up their webpage and pricey menu. The homepage declaring them a Hal Smith enterprise was strike one but I persevered, prices were strike two with the a la carte pricing, and strike three is the unappreciated attention of the crumb guy. Guess I'm off to do steaks on my new outdoor kitchen...oh, bother...

Latest posts

Top Bottom