Who is running this place?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry about that, it really just comes down to how advertising has gone over the last year and being able to cover the bills for running the site. Currently there are very few options available to sites with gun related content, unless you're owned by one of the bigger forum companies that gobbled up so many sites over the last few years. The majority of the larger ones are all owned by basically one entity now.

How much for no ads?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets make it apply to general discussion to limit the stupid comments. LOL
I can think of a few people that would be paying on their 4th post if you only got 3 stupid posts a month.

As for charging for more than 3 for sale adds a month. I am totally good with it. If your a d#mn dealer but don't have a FFL you should be paying something to spam your wares on here daily and never add anything else to this place.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@MacFromOK look into linux lite it runs a lot like windows and it is secure and is being supported and you do not have to update hardware, it will run on old equipment.

PS you can download it and run it from a bootable usb drive to see if you like it.

I'm not a computer guru, but Mac is using a dial-up instead of a high-speed internet source. I think he would have a real issue with trying to upgrade his operating system.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m thinking you may just be running an unsupported browser at this point. Can you tell what version of Firefox you have? Are there any updates available to it?
Well, it was supported this morning... :D

But yeah, it's an older version of Firefox. And Terry is correct, I am on dialup and nothing else is available here except satellite. Cell phone service is the pits too... some folks that visit can send text but can't talk, and some can't do either one. I can get a weak signal on my "pay as you go" phone only in a couple of spots in the house (that I know of), and neither one is a comfortable position. :/

Updated browsers slow things down horribly on dialup, because everything expects a fast connection. And some versions won't work at all, they just time out.

It is what it is I guess. But if it's going to be like this, I won't be around much until/unless I can get better service.

Thanks for providing the forum Okuma, I've had a blast here.
Mac
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom