Who needs a very sweet little girl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
She gets bored easily. She'll go from toy to toy ripping up the cloth and string toys to a squeaky toy to a plastic ball. When she gets that bad, we go outside and do leash training. She gets praise when she does it right and ignore but control when she gets uptight. When she settles down and her focus is on me instead of the leash she gets praised again. She didn't try to get on the bed last night either. We are both learning. Baby steps. Foam toys are out for now. They get shredded.

I was busy in the kitchen washing dishes and she was behind me lying down on the floor. When I finished, I walked into the living room and there she was sleeping in my chair. Sneaky but funny.

Pooping in the flower bed and stealing food off of plates? Yeah, you've got your work cut out for you!
Typical dog behavior being an opportunist. When we get accustomed to a stable diet, she will probably curb that habit.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Houdi, the Pomeranian, is hot and cold with her. Of course, he's hot and cold with me too. He's got to be bipolar. I can hold him and walk around with him all day and he reaches up to lick my face but sit down just once.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
dog MANI learning boundaries.jpg

She is learning boundaries here. She comes right away when I call her and stops doing whatever she is doing when I grunt no. I don't yell it I just say no and she stops chewing a stick or thinking about the flower bed.

She has learned the doggie door really well and we are working on ringing a little bell by the patio door if she can't get to the doggie door. I have found the fewer toys she has out the better because she doesn't start on one then get distracted with the rest of them.

We play Go Get It with the cloth frisbee and the rubber ball and she has figured out the game is over when she stops bringing it back to me.

I have been throwing the frisbee up now and she has been jumping and grabbing it in air. I'll try for pictures of her doing this.

She's a really smart dog. She knows when she has done something wrong because I can just walk by her in a different room and she will slink past me on her belly. Then she will look up at me and wag her tail still on her belly looking all forlorned and pitiful. She did that this morning when she snuck all of Houdi''s food into her belly.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you train with a clicker/snaps?
No, just verbal, a lot of praise for good behavior, ignore or softly shut down with no punishment for bad behavior and the look. She loves to walk in front of you and lay down on her back expecting a tummy rub. Almost tripped my wife doing that. I have never praised her for that I always ignored or shuffled my feet toward her. She gets the message I'm not slowing down and she's in the way. She then slinks again toward the door trying to escape. If she isn't sleeping she wants attention or chews her toys.

She's coming around to us. As soon as she figures out the world doesn't revolve around her and she's one of the family it will get better.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom