Who wants the government to shut down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who wants a shutdown?

• Please!!!

Votes: 88 67.7%
  • Heck No!

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • I want my bacon!

Votes: 20 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What we need is the prez, both houses of congress and a ton of government paper pushers to stop wasting money.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ahem...

The House just voted to keep the .gov open and fully funded and defund Abomicare. Of course the Senate and .prez won't play ball. So just exactly who is shutting the government down?

Source

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The lack of agreeing and passing a funding bill will result in a shut down. The senate will not pass the house bill in current form. Who's fault will it be? I guess that depends on your party affiliation!

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think there will be a shutdown over obamacare, the debt limit maybe but not obamacare.

All the vote today was about was passing the buck to the senate and posturing.

At the last minute the house leadership will push through the bill that comes back from the senate next week.
Boehner and Cantor will promise to fight obamacare in the next big battle, in a few weeks, over the debt limit.

I've seen this movie before.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All the vote today was about was passing the buck to the senate and posturing.

At the last minute the house leadership will push through the bill that comes back from the senate next week.
Boehner and Cantor will promise to fight obamacare in the next big battle, in a few weeks, over the debt limit.

I've seen this movie before.

Yup.

(but the House "posturing" and sending bills to the Senate has been SOP for decades...Even more so when the House and Senate are split)

Latest posts

Top Bottom