Who wants the government to shut down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who wants a shutdown?

• Please!!!

Votes: 88 67.7%
  • Heck No!

Votes: 22 16.9%
  • I want my bacon!

Votes: 20 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think there will be a shutdown over obamacare, the debt limit maybe but not obamacare. Agreed

All the vote today was about was passing the buck to the senate and posturing. Agreed again. But who is the Senate ran and controlled by? Dimocrats. The repubs in the House are postured pretty good, if they'll just stick to it.

At the last minute the house leadership will push through the bill that comes back from the senate next week.
Boehner and Cantor will promise to fight obamacare in the next big battle, in a few weeks, over the debt limit.

I've seen this movie before. Me too, but my gut tells me that the public is waking up. At least I hope.

See above but my overall point was that Obama and his cronies have been shouting that those evil repubs are gonna shut down the government. Reality is that they have now fully funded it and Obama will be the one shutting it down if it happens. They've punked him just like Putin and Assad have. Heck until a week ago Boehner was just as adamant as the dims that the .gov shutting down would be armageddon. He flipped and I'm thinking that he's starting read the tea leaves or that it was just too easy a way to play Obama. Gonna be interesting. Hopefully...

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
See above but my overall point was that Obama and his cronies have been shouting that those evil repubs are gonna shut down the government. Reality is that they have now fully funded it and Obama will be the one shutting it down if it happens. They've punked him just like Putin and Assad have. Heck until a week ago Boehner was just as adamant as the dims that the .gov shutting down would be armageddon. He flipped and I'm thinking that he's starting read the tea leaves or that it was just too easy a way to play Obama. Gonna be interesting. Hopefully...
And when the senate puts Obama Care back in and sends it back to the house a day before the deadline they have fully funded the .gov too.
Then what?
Like chess and billiards, you have to think at least 3 moves ahead.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the case of a shutdown, I'll be off the hook for my federal student loans for a while, right? I mean if they don't pay their bills, while should I pay mine.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other thing you have to remember is the house hasn't funded anything because they can't pass legislation to fund the .gov all by themselves.
Only legislation that passes both houses of congress fund the .gov.

So, until the house either passes legislation that has already passed the senate OR they pass legislation that subsequently passes the senate they haven't funded ****.

Why is the concept of shared power so difficult for republicans to comprehend?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The other thing you have to remember is the house hasn't funded anything because they can't pass legislation to fund the .gov all by themselves.
Only legislation that passes both houses of congress fund the .gov.

So, until the house either passes legislation that has already passed the senate OR they pass legislation that subsequently passes the senate they haven't funded ****.

Why is the concept of shared power so difficult for republicans to comprehend?

They did work out the numbers together, that's what the repubs passed. So it's the republicans fault that the dims won't pass what they asked for. Okay got it. :thumb:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even IF the senate passed the house version Neither has enough votes to override Obama's veto.
That's how you know this is all theater.

DC is so disfunctional.

Yep the theater of making sure the public knows that as unpopular as Obamacare is, it is all the Dems fault. :D

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No.
O crap, you mean our government? Can I get a do-over?
I wonder if it's really going to matter in the long run.
I'm afraid the genie is out of the bottle on the Affordable Care Act. It passed (unless you're exempted). It stood up to a legal appeal. I think it sucks, but I think 70 mph speed limits suck too.

If it gets defunded, it's still a law, still on the books, where do we go from there? I won't live long enough to see it repealed (pure speculation on my part). How many other "bad" laws do we have on the books?

This whole scene has all of my senses screaming "IT'S A TRAP".

And I want everyone to know, no facts were harmed in the making of this thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom