Why we gotta have this forum-on-forum hate?: Thread about okshooters on opencarry.org

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AS long as it wasn't grape gatorade. That stuff will make your poop turn green.

...or grape soda. If you drink grape soda, part your hair in the middle, and listen to rock and roll then it means you're a dope smoker...and dope smokers can't OC or CC.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guy posts over there and thread has a total post count of 3. Response over here has a post count of 62. Looks like he pulled our chain.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have no problem with open carry. I personally prefer being the only one who knows I’m armed but to each their own. OSA may lean to this line of thinking due to the percentage here who have their carry permit.

To be honest, when I see someone OC I appreciate them using their right to do so. It isn’t my thing but I sure as heck support all of our right to do it should we want. I always said if I do OC it will definitely be with old school Colt SA revolvers in a Yosemite Sam style rig. Then again people here in Stillwater would just think I was Pistol Pete without my head. LOL Go Pokes!

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see people OC frequently. In fact, I will see your XD and raise you a Glock. Two days ago I went over to Petsmart. Dude walking the aisle with his toy dog, wearing shorts and crocs, Glock strapped to his hip and smoking a Vap. WoW!

That's awesome! You should have got a pic of that one!

oklaccer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First - I am the originator of the post on OCDO. I said somewhat active, because I do have a life.
Second - the hate started on this thread, as evidenced by the title of the thread. Check my post and point out where I hated on anyone.
Third - okshoters does tend to be against open carry in spite of what you may say. Look back through this thread and see the posters that say things like, if they need to stroke their ego, carry a brace of pistols like Josie Wales, pooing so close to home, what would Sigmund Freud do. There has been name calling and berating. A much higher percentage than what veggiemeat (post #53) would lead you to believe. Of course you can get statistics to say about anything you want.

Perhaps it's all my fault. I sometimes sit down and want a reasoned, logic and intelligient discussion. There are people here that make it happen, and those that don't. I don't think you will find any of my posts here where I did not support CC. I fully support CC and wish that the group here could support OC the same way.

Post # 36 - There is no tactical advantage to CC. There is a strategic advantage to OC. - Interesting to see where this goes.

okav8tor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been ten months since we passed OC and I have only seen two people in the Tulsa area taking advantage of the new law. It seems to me to be pretty much a non-event much like Y2K. Personally I prefer CC to OC and as others have commented I prefer that I am the only one who knows if I am armed or not.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course you can get statistics to say about anything you want.

Thanks for calling me a liar. Please offer a fact-based counterpoint next time. Otherwise, you're contradicting your own "want" for a "reasoned, logic[al], and intelligent discussion" by making claims based on emotions rather than facts.

I certainly don't appreciate having an entire group and organization painted as being against something because approximately 1% of active posters are vocal that they don't like it. Such arguments are akin to and on the same level of poo-flinging by the Occupy Wall Street crowd.

This is not your first post accusing the entire OSA group and organization of being against open carry over on opencarry.org because of a few select voices that are squarely in the minority.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
First - I am the originator of the post on OCDO. I said somewhat active, because I do have a life.

Most of us do have lives. In fact, I am unaware of any undead members, but Hell, we are a welcoming bunch. We don't mind zombies and vampires as long as they are pro 2A and love America.

Second - the hate started on this thread, as evidenced by the title of the thread. Check my post and point out where I hated on anyone.

Well, we ARE a little melodramatic here, but it's our time of the month.

Third - okshoters does tend to be against open carry in spite of what you may say. Look back through this thread and see the posters that say things like, if they need to stroke their ego, carry a brace of pistols like Josie Wales, pooing so close to home, what would Sigmund Freud do. There has been name calling and berating. A much higher percentage than what veggiemeat (post #53) would lead you to believe. Of course you can get statistics to say about anything you want.

Again, you seem to be missing the point. Yes, just as there are people here FOR open carry, there are people who are against open carry. Just as some in the OC crowd feel passionately that somehow people who CC are somehow hurting our collective gun rights by refusing to OC, there are some folks who CC who think people who OC are hurting our rights. It's called being an American. We HAVE the right to disagree with one another.

Some of the other comments are just sarcastic ball busting. You've been around long enough to know that's what we all do best.

Accusing VeggieMeat of manipulating statistics is kind of surprising. Why would he do that? This is just not some big deal.

Perhaps it's all my fault. I sometimes sit down and want a reasoned, logic and intelligient discussion. There are people here that make it happen, and those that don't. I don't think you will find any of my posts here where I did not support CC. I fully support CC and wish that the group here could support OC the same way.

Post # 36 - There is no tactical advantage to CC. There is a strategic advantage to OC. - Interesting to see where this goes.

"Reasoned, logic, and intelligent discussion?" Bro, you do know where you are right? I mean, you can hope and dream, but you can't expect miracles. It would be contrary to the natural order of life for us to produce a thread without sarcasm on OSA. It would be the equivalent of being able to turn lead into gold or flying around on a magic carpet.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Reasoned, logic, and intelligent discussion?" Bro, you do know where you are right? I mean, you can hope and dream, but you can't expect miracles. It would be contrary to the natural order of life for us to produce a thread without sarcasm on OSA. It would be the equivalent of being able to turn lead into gold or flying around on a magic carpet.

Lord what a boring place this would be....

Latest posts

Top Bottom