Widows and Orphans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm currently foster parenting a baby and will more than likely end up adopting her. Our church has started a program called Abbas Hands and were basically looking for new ways to take care of the widows and orphans. They threw out some stats tonight that blew me away. One of the most alarming was that here in Duncan there are 170 kids in foster care. It's just sad. What would you guess the number is in your city?

RedRiverAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live in a city, but my wife and I were discussing tonight that we know five or six families who are adopting right now, which is great. My best friends sister is adopting three boys from here in the state and my wifes cousin is adopting a couple of kids from Russia.

Jamie_s_72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't live in a city, but my wife and I were discussing tonight that we know five or six families who are adopting right now, which is great. My best friends sister is adopting three boys from here in the state and my wifes cousin is adopting a couple of kids from Russia.

I have a good friend from Blanchard that just adopted 3 kids from Russia. I really give props to a family with that big of a heart

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Her name wouldn't be Alecia would it? Like the name of the group btw Jamie, Abba is Indian for grandmother.

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm currently foster parenting a baby and will more than likely end up adopting her. Our church has started a program called Abbas Hands and were basically looking for new ways to take care of the widows and orphans. They threw out some stats tonight that blew me away. One of the most alarming was that here in Duncan there are 170 kids in foster care. It's just sad. What would you guess the number is in your city?

That's awesome Jamie! My wife and I just recently moved away from being Theraputic foster parents after 3 years. It was so very rewarding and extremly detrimental to our family at the same time. We agonized over the idea and prayed about it fervantly for a long time, and finally God revealed to us our time was over for this. God bless you and your wife!

Latest posts

Top Bottom