Windows 10

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run it on a desktop machine. It's faster than previous versions.
Once installed you will need to turn off the built in spyware and personalize it to your liking.
I haven't crashed it yet but I haven't really tried.
There's no waiting in line to download it now.
It might take awhile to d/l and install depending on your internet speed.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nightshade beat me to it. There are articles all over the web like he posted. I think they portray it worse than it is, but there is definitely some devious code in there. When you turn some of it off, it'll throw up bogus error messages making you think you aren't sending stuff, but it goes ahead and does it anyway.

I'm done with Microsoft.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nightshade beat me to it. There are articles all over the web like he posted. I think they portray it worse than it is, but there is definitely some devious code in there. When you turn some of it off, it'll throw up bogus error messages making you think you aren't sending stuff, but it goes ahead and does it anyway.

I'm done with Microsoft.
I feel the same way, will NOT be upgrading to 10.

Have had quite a few people recommend Ubuntu, a free Linux based OS. Know anything about it? Supposedly works like a charm....

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would be willing to bet any and all spyware built into Win 10 will be added to all MS OS. It will just be in the smaller updates and come in pieces.

The biggest problem anyone will have will be from jumping from 7 to 10, they are a tad bit different, but it was the same for 8 or 8.1 just hard to find locations until you poke around a bit.

I would hate to try the download with slow speeds, a 3,000mb file is a whopper. :)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reality? IDK. But they have this....

We believe in telling you up front exactly what’s going to happen to your personal information and asking for your permission before you share it with us. And if you change your mind later, we make it easy to stop sharing with us. Every Apple product is designed around those principles. When we do ask to use your data, it’s to provide you with a better user experience.

We’re publishing this website to explain how we handle your personal information, what we do and don’t collect, and why. We’re going to make sure you get updates here about privacy at Apple at least once a year and whenever there are significant changes to our policies.

Our business model is very straightforward: We sell great products. We don’t build a profile based on your email content or web browsing habits to sell to advertisers. We don’t “monetize” the information you store on your iPhone or in iCloud. And we don’t read your email or your messages to get information to market to you. Our software and services are designed to make our devices better. Plain and simple.

http://www.apple.com/privacy/

In the past they've been pretty stellar as a matter of policy. In practice it might be different, but I just don't get the same feeling with MS.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reality? IDK. But they have this....

In the past they've been pretty stellar as a matter of policy. In practice it might be different, but I just don't get the same feeling with MS.

not sure about the other OS, but wasn't apple also on the Fed's bad list for not building backdoors into the iphone OS software recently?

Latest posts

Top Bottom