windows 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With 8.1 just turn it off. You don't need Classic Shell to do that.

I've been all over "settings".
I can't find this feature. Where is this located?

Edit: never mind. I don't have 8.1 loaded. I've tried it a couple of times, but our crappy slow connection in the country just doesn't let it load.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have not seen 8, but I think I need to replace my pc with xp on it before April when MS is pulling 7 off the shelf. I have not talked with anyone who likes it. I hope you get your 8 usable for you. Also, most web site writers forget that many of us who live in the country only have 1mb connections on a good day. Here, look at this 23mb file and give me your opinion. Well, ok, but it might be next wk.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its usable, but the twerks that allow pages to pop up with out any clicks are the problem.

Sometimes, I'll get a page that shows all of the apps and programs currenty in use. I think that's cool, yet can never get back there. Where is this page located./ Ive done a micro browse thing from the browser, yet no instruction about how to access certain sites.

Last edited:

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes, I'll get a page that shows all of the apps and programs currenty in use. I think that's cool, yet can never get back there.

Right click on the task bar, select Task Manager. Or, ctrl+alt+del and select Task Manager. Or, Ctrl+Shift+Esc instantly opens task manager.

If you are talking about the app switcher window, hold alt and press the tab key to move between the open programs and apps. If you hold shift while pressing tab, you move "backwards" between the open programs.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ya know, my XP does everything I need. I just need it to keep working, and a little faster would be nice. I really do not do well with the "intuitive" stuff that tries to read my mind of what I want to look at or purchase. I guess I am wired different than google suspects. Like searching for something I need, purchasing it, and then having adds for two weeks of other brands that have one like I had looked for. Sorry, you are a week too late. I would like a click ads off. If I need something I will look for it, and purchase it. Show me stuff, so what, I do not need one now, no sale.

Little like Microsoft. The new whizzo version has the icons moved to the other side in reverse order. Wow, I can not wait to pay them for the new version that I will have to struggle with for a couple of months to find what I need.

How many great companies have gone down because of coming out with the "new improved" model that was a failure and left the door open for others to walk in? Now use Thunderbird email, Firefox, sitting here with a Bacardi and Pepsi (not Coke) as I type.

If it works, don't mess with it. I had rather spend my time learning something new rather than struggling to be able to keep doing the things I already knew how to do. I can type this text here without the options of word count, 400 fonts, being able to convert it to Zimbabwe, or having it print backwards for a T-Shirt application as the first selection on the list of options. I guess I am a Kiss person. Push down, twist it more, push the throttle lever forward and it goes faster. What else do you need to know?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom