windows 8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Surface 2 tablet and Windows 8 (rt) is great on it. It's tailor made for tablets and I'm happy with it. On my laptop, however I think it totally sucks.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's laptop has it and I'm in the middle on it. I prefer windows xp or 7 but I am still able to get around 8 fairly easily. Yes, I had to learn something different than I was used to and yes, they made it more complicated that necessary. If I did anything more than browse the internet on her computer I would have gone back to windows 7 but for what I do, 8 is fine.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My computer skills are somewhere near caveman level. When I attempted to use my wife's pc with windows 8 I was more like an angry brain damaged caveman.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a convertible 15-inch laptop/tablet Windows 8 on it. While I am not a huge fan of the interface, I am learning as I go, little tips and tricks here and there... it's quite obvious that the main focus for the future was touchscreens, whether tablets, or on a laptop like mine, or even a lot of the home computers that have touchscreens now. I like the capability to be able to do that on mine, and I find myself ignoring both the mouse and mousepad quite often and using the screen. I think had I gone with a traditional setup without the TS, I might have been a lot more frustrated.

I'm trying to force myself to learn it, because I think this is the direction things will go in the future. And I don't want to be one of those old farts who can't get away from sitting in his garage listening to baseball on his old transistor radio.

:/

Latest posts

Top Bottom