Would you do this?? From my wife to me!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't do it.
The ride will come loose and send you plummeting to your screaming death.
I know these things...

Cohiba,
Just remember that regardless of your fears or these "safety issues"...the rides...flying...heights.... that combined they remain far more 'safe' than riding a motorcycle on a public street.
And that is the honest truth.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
..would you ride these two rides for a new Harley Sportster??

I'd ride them for the price of admission. I've ridden the X-scream a few times (before they had the Insanity) Front, Outside seat, It has a hole in the floor so you can see the base of the tower. Scary? Yes, I have to admit it was.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey All,

Sooooooo, knowing this about Cohiba and how he hates heights and flying, would you ride these two rides for a new Harley Sportster??

First a clarification. You do not hate flying, nor are you afraid of flying. You are afraid of FALLING and plummeting to your squishy death while screaming like a 5 year old girl.

Trust me on this. If you are in an airplane at 35,000 feet and all the engines suddenly stop, the one thing in the world you want to be doing is FLYING, not FALLING.

I am like you on this one. I don't think that there is any price in the world that could get me on those things.

I like the Six Flag rides. I used to enjoy repelling (go figure), but I get a bit dizzy on the top end of a ladder changing a light bulb!!!!!!!

If you are going to do it, I'd take the Xanax route over the Vodka route. With much vodka and these rides, you are sure to see it both going down AND coming up. At least with the Xanax, you can get by with a few sips of water.

If you do it, another thing you might think about are a pair of DEPENDS!!!

For me it would be NFW.

Dave

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't even want a motorcycle, in fact it would be more terrifying then any roller-coaster to me. Despite that, I'd still face every fear I can think of for a free Harley. The problem here is it's your wife buying the bike so that dough is all coming out of the same pocket book, so big whoop she's buying you a Sportster - she's really just giving you the blessing to buy a Sportster. And if she's that close to pulling the trigger on buying you a bike it's going to happen anyway.

I say ride the rides because it's good to face your fears and if you truly are that scared of heights it will be exhilarating to man up and get through it, then enjoy the bike.

FWIW: I don't know that it was clinically diagnosable acrophobia but as a teenager I climbed onto the Ninja at Six Flags in St. Louis and in line I had to lean against the rail most of the time because my legs were so weak I couldn't stand, I almost puked while we were up on the landing waiting to get into the cars and I got a massive neck strain because we went flying around the track and I was so tense that I was literally strained on every turn. But... I forced myself to keep my eyes open & I rode a few more coasters that day and found that I had conquered the ole fear of heights. Prior to that I was a little queezy on an 8 ft ladder.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've rode them both, and even with your fear, I would do it, it will be no more than 1/2 an hour up there for a new harley, I would do alot of stuff I didnt like for 1/2 an hour to get one...

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First a clarification. You do not hate flying, nor are you afraid of flying. You are afraid of FALLING and plummeting to your squishy death while screaming like a 5 year old girl.

Trust me on this. If you are in an airplane at 35,000 feet and all the engines suddenly stop, the one thing in the world you want to be doing is FLYING, not FALLING.

If you are going to do it, I'd take the Xanax route over the Vodka route. With much vodka and these rides, you are sure to see it both going down AND coming up. At least with the Xanax, you can get by with a few sips of water.

If you do it, another thing you might think about are a pair of DEPENDS!!!

Dave

Falling. Yes. You are a wise man, Dave.

Also, consider Lorazapam. I take it for my Meneire's Disease. Helps a lot with moving too much, and relaxes you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom