Wow, have you seen the Price of corn!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So are our tax dollars.

Well I'd far and away rather see tax dollars go to that than Solyndra. But I'd rather see a tax break going to energy companies that invest CNG/LNG infrastructure. I think that's a better idea in light of the fact that we just don't have the money to begin with. What if they gave all the Solyndra money and the other half dozen or so companies that have went bankrupt to this? This is technology that actually works.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem I see with the tax dollars being spent is the same as with ethonal. It's too expensive. That is why the the .gov is lending, or should I say giving it away.

How long will the gov subsidize ethonal use? You think gas is expensive now, just wait.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The problem I see with the tax dollars being spent is the same as with ethonal. It's too expensive. That is why the the .gov is lending, or should I say giving it away.

How long will the gov subsidize ethonal use? You think gas is expensive now, just wait.

$1.39 gal/equiv is too expensive? Or the outlay for the infrastructure?

BTW, I agree with you that the .gov shouldn't be doing anything of this sort with our tax dollars. I'm all the way in the let the market decide camp. But if they are wasting tax dollars anyway, well this isn't exactly a waste IMO.

I'll let everyone in on a little secret. I work in the energy industry and I can say this with pretty much a certainty. Horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing have completely and totally changed the game. 10 years from now there will be no reason what-so-ever for us to import a single drop of oil from anyone. Not the Mideast, not Venezuela, not Mexico, Not Canada, no one. Heck, there is no compelling need right now for us to be blending ethanol in our fuel when viewed in the context of our supply. We can cut our gasoline/diesel usage drastically by switching over to CNG/LNG for the vast majority of heavy hauling and general transportation. We could have $1.75 gasoline in 5 years very easily. We could be EXPORTING crude in 10, maybe less. The one and only thing stopping this from happening is the federal government.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
$1.39 gal/equiv is too expensive? Or the outlay for the infrastructure?

BTW, I agree with you that the .gov shouldn't be doing anything of this sort with our tax dollars. I'm all the way in the let the market decide camp. But if they are wasting tax dollars anyway, well this isn't exactly a waste IMO.

I'll let everyone in on a little secret. I work in the energy industry and I can say this with pretty much a certainty. Horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing have completely and totally changed the game. 10 years from now there will be no reason what-so-ever for us to import a single drop of oil from anyone. Not the Mideast, not Venezuela, not Mexico, Not Canada, no one. Heck, there is no compelling need right now for us to be blending ethanol in our fuel when viewed in the context of our supply. We can cut our gasoline/diesel usage drastically by switching over to CNG/LNG for the vast majority of heavy hauling and general transportation. We could have $1.75 gasoline in 5 years very easily. We could be EXPORTING crude in 10, maybe less. The one and only thing stopping this from happening is the federal government.

100% correct. Fracking and directional drilling is opening whole new feilds in previous unproductive areas. The PA oilfeild is booming again after being dormant since the 40's. Its really a new ballgame.

bootsbaker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
QUOTE=Lurker66;1843927]yep your right, far right, to blame liberals for using FOOD to make gas addative. Perhaps we should blame conservatives for using FOOD to bait deer? Thus the rising cost of corn. Crazy huh?[/QUOTE]

Yeah totally crazy cuz people use as much corn to bait deer as goes into making junk fuel. :screwy:

Latest posts

Top Bottom