Yard spraying, who do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL. My yard sprayer is a jerk. Twice in the past, after receiving demeaning lectures from him, I made the decision to fire him.

The problem is, he's great and my yard LOVES him. He is an artist. Far better than the other companies I've used in the past. I've decided to never speak with him, but to keep using him. Out of principle, I never put up with vendors/contractors who are jerks, but am making an exception in his case. :thumb:

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use Ryan's Lawn in Tulsa (not in OKC). I found that using this service is less than $10 more than if I did it myself ($50 for 6000 sq/ft of yard). I'm a yard freak (yard of the month 2x's). They can get the materials much cheaper than I can and they are professional strength which I can't even buy. When they go though the neighborhood the lawns are littered with the little signs, so they are doing the yards in bulk. I'd go with the service that you see the with the most signs in the yards in your neighborhood.
Preemergent is the most important applications to prevent weeds, especially the February treatment.

castleeleven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty close, lot is right at 1/4 acre. 2 story house, 2.5 car garage, covered rear patio, etc.
I would never prepay...
My wife used me. Ordered chemical online and sprayed my 1 acre and 4 other 1/4 acre rental houses. I have to threat to sell them all and buy machine guns as investment if she does not find and better company to do it. I sprayed and weed free , cheap for about 2 acres area for about$100

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TruGreen for several years. about $45 for 3700 sq ft. good decision for me. was doing it myself and did not work out. other lawns seem to look better but mine has plenty of bermuda and hardly any weeds. if weeds come out they take care of them pretty good. a big part of the treatment is the pre-emergent. i have had them come out for a repeat treatment about twice in nine years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom