One in the pipe....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well after reading several threads today about people not keeping one in the pipe got me thinking. I cleaned my father in laws gun as well with out one in the chamber in his carry gun.
In an emergency do you really think you'll have time to rack that slide or load one up? Makes no sense to me , but I guess its all personal opinion. What do you guys do? Here's my safety , I was told at my CHL class "keep your booger hook off the bang switch until you're ready to go boom"
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc20/NeCrO632/fingersafety.jpg

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost all BGs will tell you the one thing that would stop them in their tracks during their crime is the sound of the victims 12 gauge being pumped somewhere, but I dont think racking a slide in a semi auto pistol during an incident would carry the same scare weight. Unless youre on TV or in the movies, then its like a requirement or something, looks badass and tough. I think the concensus of most of the long time members here you will find they will always be in 'condition one'.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a friend that thinks he can rack it and load one if something bad starts....we always tell him he may as well just throw his gun at them...

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed. For the purposes of self defense in an attack that you didn't get to decide was going to begin, a semiauto handgun without a round chambered is an unloaded handgun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom