MSNBC Poll link: do you think people should be allowed to carry guns in public?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted yes. However I don't think people should be allowed to carry long guns in public just to intimidate people like the douche bags in Texas are doing. No problem if your carrying one when you go hunting, to the range or even guarding your proprety after a disaster. But slinging on an AR15 so you can sit in Starbucks and scare people is bullchit, it hurts our cause more then it helps.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted yes. However I don't think people should be allowed to carry long guns in public just to intimidate people like the douche bags in Texas are doing. No problem if your carrying one when you go hunting, to the range or even guarding your proprety after a disaster. But slinging on an AR15 so you can sit in Starbucks and scare people is bullchit, it hurts our cause more then it helps.

part of me agrees with you. I think a lot of idiots make things worse by pushing too far.

And, the wording of this poll bothers me. Should be a simple yes or no, not "the second amendment guarantees it" "no" or "only for self defense".

Dave

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
are they treating someone or just all of your friends at Starbucks are scared of everything.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Get ready for the unwielding volley of 'If you don't use it, you lose it' comments.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
are they treating someone or just all of your friends at Starbucks are scared of everything.

Brilliant comment Mr. Watson! I don't even go to Starbucks. It's merely an example of some of the yahooness that's made the national news. But when some pissant comes into a place I'm at with an AK47 slung across his chest you can bet Ima gonna question his sanity and motives. It's not the guns that scare me it's the IDIOTS that are carrying like this that I worry about.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Brilliant comment Mr. Watson! I don't even go to Starbucks. It's merely an example of some of the yahooness that's made the national news. But when some pissant comes into a place I'm at with an AK47 slung across his chest you can bet Ima gonna question his sanity and motives. It's not the guns that scare me it's the IDIOTS that are carrying like this that I worry about.

Well said!

Latest posts

Top Bottom