'No longer be soft targets': Ohio school allowing teachers to carry guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol. There’s probably Not another public school teacher in Oklahoma with my skills, mindset and training. And cleet certified to boot.
my only “position” in this matter
Is this, “ very few teachers would want to carry in schools, and I am not one of them.”
We have a good SRO and I’m fine with him being the one hired gun in the place.
My wife wouldn't want to carry either. But she does wish the SRO was at her school full-time (and one at all other schools in the district) instead of patrolling around the district.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it isn’t, if a police officer breaks up a fight does he leave his gun behind? No he carries it because he is trained. And it stays holstered. Anyone who goes into a fight situation to break it up needs to mean what they say and be prepared for any weapon to be used on them. You’re just a casualty waiting to happen. And when that fight is one of your own student’s fighting for their lives against an active shooter, as has happened, what heck are you gonna do?
That is a gun fight. A fight with a gun, whether drawn or not, is a gunfight. Fact.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wouldn't want to carry either. But she does wish the SRO was at her school full-time (and one at all other schools in the district) instead of patrolling around the district.
Whole bother ballgame if we didn’t have a sro. All I said was “I don’t want to carry”
Heck give me a lock box in my classroom with body armor flash bangs and a mp5. I’m game

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t teach in ponca so I can’t say. If there’s not a dedicated school resource officer, and I’m in a smal ruralish school it would be difffernt. I’d probably ask the superintendent for permission to carry, which is currently the law.
My experience is one school, yes, but it’s one school more than most of you.
I won't say much more about who/what, but there has been a plan in place by the Superintendent.
The teachers are daughters of a good friend and are pretty proficient in firearms use. It's just not those two either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some North Carolina schools have decided to keep a weapon and ammunition locked-up in their school principals' office in case it is needed to thwart a school shooter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ools-ar-15-rifles-wake-uvalde-shoot-rcna41960
That's silly and a do nothing to stop a shooter that will breach a door and do harm before the firearm can be unlocked, loaded and brought into play in some big campuses where there are multiple buildings. A single school resource officer would be as valuable as Uvalde that had one but wasn't there.
Trained Teachers at CLEET level, Janitors with the same level and so on is the answer IMHO.

Frank Pope

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do it like the idf, basic ar-15 use and basic marksmanship skills, maybe some advanced training if they want to carry a rifle, then let them teach and walk around the school with them. Ar-15’s are affordable for a school or teacher to pay for. They are easy to learn and most folks with training even basic training can be proficient. Carry out in the open and on their person at all times.

School shootings will stop when the threat to the shooter increases and the failure of their mission is likely.
So here is the issue. Do these nut jobs shoot up police stations, national guard armories, NRA meetings? No, they go for the "Gun Free" locations where they can feel safe to do their work. As long as people feel compelled to have "Gun Free Zones", they are putting a target on them.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So here is the issue. Do these nut jobs shoot up police stations, national guard armories, NRA meetings? No, they go for the "Gun Free" locations where they can feel safe to do their work. As long as people feel compelled to have "Gun Free Zones", they are putting a target on them.
I agree. The people forcing these gun free zones are getting others killed and are probably seldom present themselves. But apparently they rarely manage to question their own policies/opinions to see if they continue to make sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom