1% tip, on expensive lunch. **and my rant on pay, gratuity, and salary jobs**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's all that needs to be said. If you don't like tipping a waiter, then eat at home. You're already paying stupid prices for food and drinks. It's a luxury, not a necessity and they don't owe it to you. Might as well go into a designer clothing store store and say "wal-mart is cheaper!" to the salesman. Nobody is forcing you to eat there. You can eat fast food or start cooking.

OP said "I make $15 an hour and don't get tipped no matter how hard I bust my ass". That's the goofiest rationalization ever. I grew up surrounded by licensed tradesmen, and they get the same attitudes from some customers regarding hourly rates. It's like people are offended anytime a blue-collar person makes what they deem to be an unreasonable wage.

You guys too can enter the glamorous, high-paying world of food service! All that's stopping you is you! Swimmin' pools! Movie stars! The waiters will inherit the earth! Real Illuminati wear aprons! There's a war on for your change!

www.prisonrestaurant.com

www.tippingwars.com

I owe you a beer..... if not many. Cheers.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Real Illuminati wear aprons!

www.phoenixmasonry.org_masonicmuseum_images_GWCornerstone.jpg

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"for every job there is between 4 to 6 unemployed"

How did you read your link and come to this conclusion. It said for every job"opening" there are 4.6 applicants. The way you wrote it sounds like the USA has 80% unemployment.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is unbelievable, sorry but it is simply math, but you are right people can go on welfare or work for a living.... i can't believe these people are working instead of sitting at home.... maybe someone can help me solve this math problem... there is 1 job, but 6 people want the job, how many people will be left jobless?

LOL! It has nothing to do with math. The number of jobs doesn't matter! All it takes it to for you work harder and do a better job than the last guy. Drive, determination, positive outlook, common sense, experience, etc...these are the aspects that will get a job. Just like most of us here I started from the bottom and busted my butt to get where I'm at today. I now have and own a business. I'm not going to hire a lazy unmotivated worker.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of this reminds me of "Reservoir Dogs".

"I'd go over twelve percent for that."

I read the title and thought of the movie. Thats why i said Mr. Pink dont tip.

Personally i tip 10-15% depending on the service. Last time i went to logans in owasso i got really really crappy service. Didnt even give 5% then.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"for every job there is between 4 to 6 unemployed"

How did you read your link and come to this conclusion. It said for every job"opening" there are 4.6 applicants. The way you wrote it sounds like the USA has 80% unemployment.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/bl...employed-people-open-spot-increases-february-

labor statistics show that there is 1 job for roughly 6 people.. there are a ton of data that shows this...
In February 2010, there were 5.5 unemployed persons per job opening.

this is according to bureau of labor statistics

Latest posts

Top Bottom