12g Auto Loader Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underpar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father-in-law has finally caught the "duck hunting bug" and is in the market for a new 12g semi-auto. I'm not much help because I'm an 1100 guy but he's not interested. He wants a 12g that takes 3" and 2.75" shells. That eliminates the 1100. What else is out there that is gas operated, reliable, easy on the cleaning, and lite on the wallet? He liked my Browning B80 but they have been discontinued. Help?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you need anything other than a 2 3/4? I've killed many ducks, geese, and turkey with a Citori Upland, or a single shot H&R back in the poor days. I don't remember many wounded either. The sport is in calling them in close enough to make the round effective. New ammo like Hevi-shot make the 2 3/4 really effective at longer ranges if you want to go that direction.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no barrel change, will shoot anything 2 /34" or 3". Rem chokes in IMP CYL, MOD, TURKEY FULL, and STEEL FULL.

The older ones are dedicated 3", but searching gun show or other sales sites will turn up a few. Believe Rem still making them, also.

Bad Omen

Marksman
Reaction score
Although my first choice would be Remington, if he is Anti-Remington and trying to go on the cheap, Linberta makes several Semi-Auto 12 gauge models that chamber 3" shells. Prices are around $450.00.

Latest posts

Top Bottom