12g Auto Loader Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess maybe my idea of 'light on the wallet' and everyone else's is different. $900 ain't light. heck $600 ain't 'light' - the Yildiz A71 is a budget minded entry level autoloader that seems to get okay reviews. the Stoeger 2000 is also cheap and gets pretty decent reviews.

Neither are going to match up with a Benelli - but then again nothing under $900 is going to do that in an autoloader.

If he's got 'Duck Dynasty Fever' - an autoloader that only shoots 2 3/4 and is safe for steel shot will do just fine and REALLY open up the budget.

pen25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh so many options. beretta 3901 or any of the older 390's. the browning humpbacks. the fastest out of the box is the sx3. then you have the baikal's which are cheap as all get out and work. the 390 and the baikals are by far the easiest to clean and maintain IMHO. no o-ring to mess with. nothing to flip or move for light or heavy loads.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been doing quite a bit of research on the autoloaders. I've decided on the A400 xtreme, but for just 3" shells you can get the a400 unico action for about $1300. From everything I've read it will handle the widest range of loads from very light target/upland to heavy 3"ers.

I have shot a Stoeger 3500 quite a bit... It fed everything but wasn't exactly fun shooting, it's a bit heavy and doesn't point well for me. But for its price, it's not bad.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Versa Max is a retread design. Supposed to work well, but I haven't shot one. I don't think the Benellis kick that hard. The Browning A5 will beat the crap out of you. Get the gun that fits you and points for you. The SX3s are stupid fast. And stupid pricey. The 1187 Sportsman can be had for about $630 and the Versa Max Sportsman can be had for about $930. Don't forget the Franchis. Good thread.

Latest posts

Top Bottom