.22 pump rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Could have been a Remington 12, or a Winchester 62, or any number of other ones.

Henry makes a pump .22 - I had one and it was a neat little rifle. Taurus/Rossi used to make a Win 62 clone, but just discontinued this rifle within the last year or so (so grab one now if you want one). Henry had both a regular and an octagon barrel, but I believe they discontinued the regular one and now only offer the octagon.

Remington has a pump (572 fieldmaster), and it cycles all ammo types, but it's got an inordinately long barrel.

The Remington and the Henry will both cycle shorts and longs (usually), but the Taurus (like the old Winchesters) usually will not.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now I feel the urge to go to the gun show this weekend in search of a .22 pump. Theres always a bunch of em. The last metcalf show I saw probably 20 of the old winchester and remington pumps in good shooter shape.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone at the last Wanenmacher's had a whole rack of new-old-stock Winchester Model 62's. I wanted one bad (and so did a bunch of guys that were also standing there drooling) but they wanted a lot for them, don't remember how much. I think they were worth more as a set than individually just because of how old the were vs. all being basically brand new, but I would'a taken one home no problem if I had the cash in my boot.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus now makes the copy of the Rossi. They are about the smoothest ones I have ever seen. I wore a Rossi pump out as a kid. Now I'm a bad mamma jamma with a pump shotgun. Muscle memory.
:hypnotize::hypnotize:
Taurus discontinued the model 62 in .22lr (even thought they still list them on their website) for lack of sales and now they are sought after.
I have one in SS that is a sweet little shooter and oh so lightweight.

mythreal

Marksman
Reaction score
OK, now I'm going to have to find me one now. Maybe somebody on the lists will see this and put it up for sale. Of course it looks like I will have some competition for buying one.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taurus discontinued the model 62 in .22lr (even thought they still list them on their website) for lack of sales and now they are sought after.
I have one in SS that is a sweet little shooter and oh so lightweight.

didn't know they made one....gotta check into a used one

Latest posts

Top Bottom