.22 pump rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLastDaze

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They used to call these "gallery guns", not very long ago you used to be able to find these at the shooting gallerys in fairs..

they'd run .22 shorts through them, I remember shooting these when I was around 6-7yrs old in los angeles... I'm 42 now so it wasn't that long ago.. :) Imagine 'live' guns in the fairs today.... !!!!

btw, I have a remington model 12 that I may be selling...... on the cheap..

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both Remington and Winchester made pump action rifles in 22. My last purchase was a Remington 22 smoothbore ca 20 years ago. I cannot vouch for current offerings.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had an old Winchester .22 pump with an octagon barrel when I was a kid.

I don't remember for sure, but I believe it was a 1890.

That rifle was my best friend for a few years before it was stolen along with several other guns at our home.

I would come home from school and run a box of .22 shorts through it most everyday.

There is no telling how many rounds I put through that old rifle without it ever giving me any trouble.

I sure would like to have that one back.

jdagreek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own both a Winchester octogon barrel pump 22 short rifle and an old Remington 22lr pump that I shot as a kid some 60+ years ago. We were hunting jackrabbits from the back of a pickup one night and I dropped the Remington and busted the stock and the back sight off. Took it home and filed the stock down to a pistol grip and shot it for years without a sight :).

Brings back old memories.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've pimped this pic around for a few years now, but it's still the best one I have of my Winchester pump (and a couple of semis) family. There's 61s and 62s and an 1890 thrown in for good measure. I've always favored the Winchesters over the Remingtons, but I've been feeling the need for a solid 121. Also have been on the prowl for a clean Savage 1903, but I've never seen one in a condition I want to buy.

i13.photobucket.com_albums_a263_Forindooruseonly_WInchesters1_1.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom