8 yr. old Football team takes knee during National Anthem.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't see the part where the coach gave his permission, guess I missed that. I stayed out of coaches decisions as well as far as game play, but would not have in this case which is a moral issue as I see it. Coaches are there to coach and not interface their political opinions on young minds.
Nonetheless, my kids were raised to know right from wrong and this incident was very wrong. As long as they lived under my roof, they learned the difference in right and wrong, with the consequences that resulted in doing it wrong. More than once I stood beside them backing their decisions in school when they were unjustly accused or ordered to do something they felt was wrong.
Conversely if a teacher called the home and said the grades were falling or they were insubordinate, they learned the consequences of being wrong.
The kids were involved in sports of all kinds including moto-cross as they got older. They had to maintain a weekly report from their teachers of a grade level at C+ or above. Falling below that resulted in staying at home the following race, and trust me on this, they didn't like that. Staying home involved an uptake of some household chores, etc.
Great, but one of the problems these days is that what is considered 'Right or Wrong' now seems to change depending on who you ask, what is trending, or how the political wind blows. And the worse thing is that kids get stuck in the middle of all the BS not knowing what to think!

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, no. Please, don't!
grammarnazilogo1.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't watch video's at home on the computer because of our metered service. Just saw it on TV.
I see there was some ethnicity commonality among the coaches that was the provocation in the incident.
Thats sad. Now we understand more why some young kids grow up not loving the US. They are taught from youth to hate by adults, and it carries on to their teens and adulthood, only to be passed onto future generations.
Those coaches had an opportunity to teach those kids to embrace the country, and failed because of what they had been taught by past generations of their own ethnicity.
Delving on past history to keep their ethnicity in a hate mode which backfires on them, is no way to promote a culture or diversity by denying their youth the chance to advance in this world.

Edit:
Here is a report from a black professional educated person on his take of the situation.

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2017/09/walter-e-williams/the-welfare-states-legacy/

While it might sound like a gay thing, I love Walter E. Williams. I also love Thomas Sowell and Larry Elder. I can't remember exactly which of the three made the comment, but at least two of them stated that a lot of America's blacks should be thankful for slavery, because if it hadn't been for that institution, their ancestors would not have been in America, and thus those American blacks wouldn't be Americans.

And yes, all three of those men I mentioned are black men, worthy of praise and admiration.

Latest posts

Top Bottom