A feel-good thread... weight loss seems to be going well. Anyone else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
On November 9th, I went down to the Cooper Clinic in Dallas and had the full package. Sat across from a US Senator who goes every year. The doctor I had was a good old Texas doctor. He reminded me of "Doc" Galen Adams from Gunsmoke. The good news was my heart and vascular system seemed to be in great shape. He even said, "Son, I am amazed, no, I am flabbergasted that your heart is in such good shape and you have no evidence of plaque build up." However he went on to tell me that if I didn't get the weight off my string of luck would play out. Especially, since my back was in such shape. I started physical therapy and my back pain and its radicular components have almost subsided and I have lost 22 lbs. of course, the ulcers help the weight loss! Ha ha ha

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havnt checked my weight in awhile. Last time I checked i weighed 155. Im pretty sure iv lost quite a bit since June. The only problem is i havnt lost weight due to proper dieting. Iv lost it because of lack of appetite.

Been, have you lost your appetite due to your growing discust for the direction our country has been headed in, or do you have something you need to talk about?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finally got back out running again...work has kept me active on the physical labor side, but not the aerobic side. Back up to 2 miles....

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am sick of being fat, but more importantly, I am sick of being out of shape. Part of the reason I have escaped some of the more serious consequences of my weight is that I WAS in such GREAT shape up until about 12 years ago.

Also, to those of you who told me the CPAP machine would be a life-changer...THANKS!!!!! You were so right!!

Across the board, I put my ego on the shelf and started listening to what my doctors and trainers tell me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom