A good use for remote start if you have a pet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy in high school get a remote start with a temperature sensitive feature. If the truck got below 42 it would start and run for a little while. funny thing is he lived about 5 miles from Loyal with no other transportation until his folks got off work. First real cold night that he came home with about 1/4 tank of gas he woke up the next day with a helluva predicament.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a buddy in high school get a remote start with a temperature sensitive feature. If the truck got below 42 it would start and run for a little while. funny thing is he lived about 5 miles from Loyal with no other transportation until his folks got off work. First real cold night that he came home with about 1/4 tank of gas he woke up the next day with a helluva predicament.

Mine has that... if I want to activate it. Actually will display internal and external temperatures on the screen of the remote control, as well... I never bothered setting it up. Dint think of many situations I would need that. As for starting below 42F... WTF? I wouldn't want mine to start unless it was WELL below freezing - what, does he have a fishtank in there or something??? lol

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I love about fords is the keypad. you can lock the doors from the outside while its running. Type in your code when you get back and it unlocks. Im really shocked no other manufacture is using them. I have had 4 fords with the key pads and they work great.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had that remote start feature. I hate to admit it, but all last summer, I'd just leave my son in the truck if I had to run in somewhere. I'd usually roll down the windows, though.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine has that... if I want to activate it. Actually will display internal and external temperatures on the screen of the remote control, as well... I never bothered setting it up. Dint think of many situations I would need that. As for starting below 42F... WTF? I wouldn't want mine to start unless it was WELL below freezing - what, does he have a fishtank in there or something??? lol

It was just a cool new toy for him at the time......until that night!

Latest posts

Top Bottom