Alone vacation suggestions? Dang, this sucks...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a trip to Cancun. If you dont meet some people at the pool side bar within an hour (probably Okies) then I would be surprised. I met a couple of gals from Durant my first night down there one time and we hung out for the next 3 days. I'd do it again.

Last edited:

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I resigned from a cushy job of fourteen years at ONG and got into trucking. Saw the US and Canada from the cab of a rig. Took a million photos, talked to thousands of new people from all over. It was a great experience. I had my little furkid riding with me which gave me someone else to think about besides just myself. In the end it all worked out when I met my current wife. We recently celebrated our eighth year of marriage. :)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to be alone anyways. I would just as soon be on the beach as at home alone.

I personally guarantee there are a lot more interesting things to watch and people to talk to being out than there are in your home. Doesn't have to be diving but any hobby that takes you to the locale you want to be in will help. I hope you get some relaxation in, it sounds like you need it.

I actually used to dive alot when I lived in the islands and had my own little boat. Had all my own gear. Haven't been in... I dunno, 9 years?

I need to go somewhere NOW... but I can't. Working nightly through the 8th, got 4 days off, then 4 days off toward the end of the month. I don't think there is time to get anything set up for next week, so that's probably out.

Jeez, I know I'm whining, I know I'm depressed... but I got two hours before work, and while I am usually there 45mins to an hour early, I don't think I can go any earlier. It's just too goddamned pathetic.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I actually used to dive alot when I lived in the islands and had my own little boat. Had all my own gear. Haven't been in... I dunno, 9 years?

I need to go somewhere NOW... but I can't. Working nightly through the 8th, got 4 days off, then 4 days off toward the end of the month. I don't think there is time to get anything set up for next week, so that's probably out.

Jeez, I know I'm whining, I know I'm depressed... but I got two hours before work, and while I am usually there 45mins to an hour early, I don't think I can go any earlier. It's just too goddamned pathetic.
Get a membership at the gym to eat up some time and get in shape as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second the cancun suggestion for the same reason that was given. I've had to take lots of trips alone for the company to do training, etc. it doesn't take long before somebody in your same position will strike up a conversation.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't know what kind of setting up you plan on doing. I would purchase a plane ticket today leaving on the morning of the 9th and I would spend my three/four days in a warmer climate. I would probably turn around and do it again at the end of the month. You can't put a price on the kind of unwinding you need to do. Also Lurker said it, you need some time with some buddies. If you do head south I would go a little further to Playa Del Carmen or Telume. Not much of a different crowd but enough to make a difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom