Any experience with the 370z?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you had some real money, the new Caddy ATS is a damn firebreather. Rear wheel driver, paddle shift auto, and it will flat git it. the 320-hp V6 is ridiculously responsive. It is my favorite car at the moment.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Z's have had cooling/oil problems through the years, both in 350's and 370's. Friend is big into Z's, and Nissan replaced his 370 motor due to the rings burning up due to lubrication problems. That said, I drive a g35 and love it. Want a classic Z (my family was into Datsun's when I was little), and would love a 370 Nismo

I have owned several Z's in my time. I owned a 06 350z that had some intermittent oil issues. My wife and I both bought new 370's in 2010. She bought an automatic convertible and I bought the 40th Anniversary Coupe (manual). I liked the performance from her paddle shifting auto better then my stick. We never had a single cooling problem from either but some guys on the Z forums did have temp issues. Some of those guys tracked and/or drove hard. My honest opinion was the VQ engine can be hit and miss.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had a number of Z's over the years with the most recent being a 2004 350Z. It had only one problem, which was very common with 2003's and some 2004's, front tire feathering. I ultimately got rid of it for that problem alone. Otherwise, it was a great car of it's type. I'm betting the 370Z is as well.

I currently own a 2013 Camaro and really like it. It's a V-6, but at 323 hp, it is no slouch. If you choose to go V-8, you will pay for it in many ways, but I'm betting it will be a hoot. For what it's worth, I saw a Camaro in a showroom recently that listed for $66,000.

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
370Z will smoke Camaro or Corvette unless you want to spend double the money.

Lt wt., stiff suspension, short WB = harsh ride, but always + FUN FUN FUN

The 6 sp manual is a pain in traffic. Doesn't matter what brand you drive.

Gas mileage > than Tahoe.

IMHO, sounds like you found a good deal and a yr or 2 from now, you could resale and not lose much $$$ or keep having fun.
Not even remotely close.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I am getting this one. Going to pick it up on Saturday.

It is a 2009 370z Coupe w/Sport package -

26k miles with extended 100k mile warranty valid until 7/13/2015
7AT tranny *(w/paddle shifters)
19" RAYS forged wheels
Big brake package with Akebono calipers and oversized rotors
Stillen 25 row oil cooler
K&N air filters
Black HPS silicon intake tubes
Stillen high flow cats
Stillen catback exhaust
Motordyne XYZ pipe with resonator(replaced the Stillen Y and mid pipes for better sound)
UpRev tuner version software/cable
Swift Spec-R springs(1-1.5" drop)
Whiteline adjustable front & rear sway bars
Smoked taillights (actual paint)
**The wheels are not permanently black. They are coated with a durable plastic that can be peeled off in minutes and will not harm the stock silver powder coat**

Was asking $24k without the mods, $26k with them. We've settled on $25k with the mods AND he's going to throw in some AR parts he happened to have he doesn't need. ;) 14.5" Daniel Defense barrel and 10 NIW 30-round PMAGs, lol.

Win/Win! Sweet ride AND some free AR stuff! Who can complain about that?!?!?!?

So I don't really know what all that stuff in the mod list means... I obviously have a LONG ways to go and a LOT of reading to do! But I am up for it! Feel free to comment on any of those mods... I am assuming the 25-row oil cooler is to address the issues several people above mentioned. He said it was a must-have for this car.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
or move to Cali. Louis Anderson always said he no luck with the girls while he lived in Michigan, but when he drove his Porsche to Venice Beach, ALL the girls loved him. Cali girls must be easy or maybe it's just a shortage of straight guys.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats Doc on the new ride, sounds kuhL.
Now I dont want to disparage you , I kinda like your posts and you seem like a nice enough guy, But with your luck lately....and the deer...Be Careful.... ;) ...Have Fun

Latest posts

Top Bottom