Anybody else working cattle this Spring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys ever hear of the Diamond Eye, Anchor T, Stirrup X, Rocking UL, Lazy S, Oxyoke 2, Triple 7, Frying Pan, Housetop W Ranch?

They only had six head of cattle. They're the only ones that survived the branding.
FWIW, you can't miss the Lazy S ranch if you're headed north on I-35, about halfway between Ardmore and Davis. They have their name emblazoned in white rocks on a hillside there.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here I thought CW was a working cowboy...

...hydraulic-powered squeeze chutes? Say it ain't so....

We used an iron heater just like that one, generally getting its propane from one of the pickup's fuel tank in the back of the pickup. While her dad ran roughly 250 head of mother cows and anywhere from 700 to 1400 yearling steers and heifers, my wife and I only had about 15 head of mother cows. Father-in-law's cattle were mostly Herefords, while the wife and I had Black Angus.

Our brand was called the "T Lazy J," although I would never want to call my wife lazy.

T Lazy J Brand2.jpg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, here I thought CW was a working cowboy...

...hydraulic-powered squeeze chutes? Say it ain't so....

We used an iron heater just like that one, generally getting its propane from one of the pickup's fuel tank in the back of the pickup. While her dad ran roughly 250 head of mother cows and anywhere from 700 to 1400 yearling steers and heifers, my wife and I only had about 15 head of mother cows. Father-in-law's cattle were mostly Herefords, while the wife and I had Black Angus.

Our brand was called the "T Lazy J," although I would never want to call my wife lazy.

View attachment 135589
Lmao! Ya got me Terry! I'm just a swellhand dude yuppie goober gunsel drugstore cowboy. I'm spiraling into a state of depression now. I've already got everything fed this morning so I think I'll take my wannabe self over to a buddies and help him frame a building up cuz.......I ain't no Cowboy.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lmao! Ya got me Terry! I'm just a swellhand dude yuppie goober gunsel drugstore cowboy. I'm spiraling into a state of depression now. I've already got everything fed this morning so I think I'll take my wannabe self over to a buddies and help him frame a building up cuz.......I ain't no Cowboy.
Ha! You'll do until one comes along. :thumb:
:drunk2:

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that's all folks. Today we hauled the cull cows and a crippled bull to the stockyards. We had 44 cows meet one of the "no longer welcome here" criteria. Either too old, crippled, only likes to come to the gathering pens by being roped or two years of not raising a calf. They get there tag notched and a bar brand the first time they come to the pens dry. The second time they come to the pens dry they get a one way ticket to the stockyards. The crippled bull was living about a mile out in the country and the foreman, my two eldest daughters and I located him this morning and drove him in. We run Hereford bulls on our first calf heifers and black angus bulls on the rest of the ranch.
IMG_4389.JPG
IMG_4390.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom