Anybody going shooting this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yesterday was all about my daughter's State Cheerleading competition and I have yard work to do this morning. With any luck I will get out later today but not confident.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was dragged to Plaza Festival with wife and daughter...so much fun for me! Lots of over-priced, cheap t-shirts, handbags, ladies earrings, necklaces, "art' and various, uh... "people" to watch. Today, am in the yard trimming bushes...no trigger time for me. Next weekend I am sneaking out if I have to!

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I gotta say, Saturday was about the best day that I have had in a LLLLLLLOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG time.

The trip to H&H was sort of impromtu. There was a continuing education course on Saturday AM that I kinda wanted to go to. Thursday evening, I asked my wife if she might want to spend the weekend in OKC. Told her I wanted to go to the course and the range, and she could hit Penn Square for a while. Then, maybe dinner at Ted's or Cattleman's.

It was a tough sell. She called our daughter and they arranged to get together for a Mom and Daughter day at the Mall, while I did my stuff.

CE course was one of the best I have been to in a long time. Only 3 hours, but the implications for the future of this procedure in dentistry are staggering. The techniques haven't been launched anywhere else in the country yet. This was the first presentation and I am frothing at the bit to get started.

Got back to the hotel around 1:00 and "the girls" were already gone.

Loaded everything back up and got to H&H around 1:30

Looking forward to trigger time.

Only took the G19 and the Uzi.

Now, I like to take alot of magazines and ammo with me when I hit the range. I don't get alot of range time, so I don't want to waste alot of time loading mags.
I've always sort of mentally beat myself up for the number of loaded magazines I have for various firearms. I figured I'd take a "bunch" and some extra ammo (just in case).

Showed up to the range with 21 loaded 32 round Uzi sticks and 15 loaded G19 mags.

Spent about the first hours fine tuning the red dot optic on the Uzi. Forgot to take the tools to adjust the iron sites, but I can do that here.

Amazing how quickly those loaded mags went. Damn.

But, I think I finally mastered the concept of the re-setting of the Glock trigger, and not needing to let it travel all the way forward. It was an "a-ha" moment.

H&H actually started to get pretty crowded after a few hours.

You know, when you shoot something full auto, you can tell when others on the range are "looking". Electronic ear muffs help also. And, to be honest, I really, really enjoy letting someone shoot full auto.

All told, I introduced a minimum of 14 other shooters to the Uzi. Several said that they knew what they wanted for Christmas! Lots of smiles all around.

Finally packed it up around 5:00

Tried to get a tally on it. Figure I burned thru a total of close to 1100 rounds. And another 400 for the other shooters.

Got back to the hotel. Wife and daughter had gone to Ted's without me (and I was fine with that). They had a great day also. I could tell in their faces.

Damn fine day. Damn fine.

Dave

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm gonna be going to H&H next weekend...
I need to get some rifles sighted in for youth season, as well as the muzzleloader. Prolly bring the 9mm and 22 with a YHM can for the kids to check out also... And my new possible CCW...

(((Doesnt H&H have some sort of computer or device to sight in rifles at longer ranges???)))

Latest posts

Top Bottom