Anyone else find a 1911 unergonomic?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So pulled out my ole 1911 and well i just find it not very comfortable. I feel the grips, I is really rounded and slick. The grips are pretty thick and can fill the shelf between the wood and the frame. It just feels too ovally. Anyone else find it to be true? It is a great gun and probably one of the prettiest girls out there but just doesnt feel that great.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
short answer is,yes. long answer is there is so much history behind it that everyone should own five or six!

you beat me by a second or two GTG...

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can see how one could feel that they are "ovally". Which for my two cents is actually why I think they feel so good in my hand.

I think back to my impression of early Glocks. I thought they were too boxy. Others love the early Glocks. In contrast they probably made me like my 1911 (and SIG P220s with SIG thin grips) that much more.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy some parts and play around. flat, low arch, high arch mainspring housings.
checkered flat, smooth sculpted, G10, pachmayr rubber or many other grips
can make a 1911 feel wonderful or terrible.
Everybody's hands are different.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
At this time I feel I must offer a permanent residence to the fore mentioned 1911. A home with love and respect, where it will grow and flourish. Where other 1911s are present to help teach, coach and mentor said 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom