Anyone else get a flu shot this year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not afraid of shots at all, but I quit getting flu shots because they always made me as sick as just getting the flu. I'd rather take my chances without it.

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No flu shot for me this year. Since the H1N1 vaccine is automatically included in the standard flu shot mix this year, I automatically decline. It's a shame they don't seem to want anyone to know what is actually in the flu shot vaccine this year..... I've already alerted my extended family as to the contents and haven't heard of anyone willing to take the shot this year. Good for them.
:sunbath:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my shot, didn't even get a sore arm.

Out of the probably coupla hundred patients and coworkers I know, not a single person complaining about getting sick.

Some conspiracy... man, they can't even get it right when they're TRYING to make us sick!!!

<edit> Wait wait... I did hear from one guy today who had a brief flash of nausea and sweating around 24 hours after his shot, lasted maybe 30-40 minutes, clearly from the shot. Couldn't have anything to do with the nasty GI bug going around lately.... He got the pee-new-moan-yuh shot and flu shot at the same time. Probably all those competing nanobots in the vaccines that reacted so strongly together and made him sick.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No flu shot for me this year. Since the H1N1 vaccine is automatically included in the standard flu shot mix this year, I automatically decline. It's a shame they don't seem to want anyone to know what is actually in the flu shot vaccine this year..... I've already alerted my extended family as to the contents and haven't heard of anyone willing to take the shot this year. Good for them.
:sunbath:

Care to enlighten us?

1911user

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Care to enlighten us?

I had the normal flu shot last year and most years previous. I had serious concerns about the H1N1 vaccine last year and chose not to take the vaccine for it. This year, they don't give you a choice and don't advertise the fact that the H1N1 is part of the "normal" flu shot.

I researched enough info last year that I was not comfortable taking the H1N1 vaccine shot. My understanding is that they are using the same vaccine (for H1N1 this year). So, I choose not to get a flu shot this year and have warned extended family against it as well.

I suggest everyone do their own research about the safety of the H1N1 vaccine and make an educated choice for their family (extended or not).

Latest posts

Top Bottom