Anyone else get a flu shot this year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fordguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the flu shot for 20 years while in the military.
I haven't had a flu shot in the 10 years that I have been out of the military.

I can't tell any difference one way or the other.

I want to ask if there is really anything in those shots, but with the heated debate going on....I won't ask.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michele got one today, and a B-12. The B-12 has her bouncing off the walls, but then, she already is on the bouncy side.

She is fine, but her arm hurts... a little, she says. I have never had a flu shot. My arm is fine:naughty:

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mandatory for me. They didn't have any shots on hand though, just the kind they spray up your nose.

They gave me an anthrax shot in the left arm, and a typhoid shot in the right. Been sick as a dog and can't raise either arm...

That sucks. Good news though in the horizon for Anthrax. The lab I worked at was in development of a shot for anthrax that you only have to take if you're exposed. Its similar to the epipen style where as soon as you're exposed, you shoot up and it acts quickly (a closer equivilant would be antivenom to a snake bite). It just ended animal trials and is starting phase I of clinical, but may be fast tracked since its under a DoD grant. In animal trials, its shown to provide passive immunity with a 100% survival if given within 2 hours of being exposed to the lethal dose.

Latest posts

Top Bottom