Anyone going on vacation this summer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go on a cruise twice a year! Already went on one this year so gonns wait a but before I go on another!

Where'd you go? Which cruise line and which ship?

My wife and I climb aboard the Carnival Triumph next month to go to Cozumel and Progreso, Mexico. It's the first cruise for either of us, so we're pretty damn excited. We have a balcony room on the 9th (Lido) deck. Both of us have been to Cozumel before, so it's a bit disappointing that we can't go some place more exotic, but with starting a new job this year and at least 2 vacations planned, I just won't have the time off to go anywhere else. So a quick, "close" 6-day cruise will have to work for now. Not that I'm complaining, as a rainy day on the beach is 100 times better than a great day at the office.

We take the daughter to Sea World for a few days later this month. None of us have ever been to any Sea World or to San Antonio, so we're looking forward to it. Looking forward to Sea World mainly for the daughter, but the wife and I are pretty excited to eat along the Riverwalk. Should be fun times.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I will be taking a cruise through the Carribean and flying to Puerto Rico to the port beforehand.

My sister-in-law is having a destination wedding so we pretty much have no choice...we must go.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the summer, but the wife and I go to Colorado every Thanksgiving.

My sister's in-laws own a dude ranch in central Colorado near Buena Vista. Every year they shut down the place for Thanksgiving week and invite family and close friends. We take turns cooking and cleaning during the week. I do a little fishing and hiking (snow permitting). You wake up in the morning and walk out on the deck with your coffee and there may be a herd of elk walking through the ranch. There's always a bunch of mule deer hanging around. No cell phone service or TVs. It's real nice way to get away and recharge.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where'd you go? Which cruise line and which ship?

We were on the new Carnival Magic. It was a 7-day from Galveston. Went to Key West, Nassau & Freeport Bahamas. You will have a blast. Our last 2 cruises we had to get an inside room because we had the kids with us. We have had a balcony room before, you will love it!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That really makes me miss my '74 Omega. Granted it only had some hookers, a holly, a hot cam and 4.10 gears but that 350 Old's motor with it's low end torque would still whip it on stoplight to stoplight.

No vacation for me this year... at least not a big one. Might head up to Branson over over to Arkansas somewhere but nothing planned yet.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't wait until the last week of this month. Hoover dam, grand canyon, deep sea fishing, and for my boy Disneyland. He is REALLY excited to see the newly unveiled "Carsland."

Latest posts

Top Bottom