Anyone Had a Broken Tailbone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I fell on my ass HARD last Saturday in the ice storm we had here. Didn't know it was going to happen and rushed out the door to take the wife to the ER for something different and saw my feet in front of my face as I fell on the concrete steps.

I know there's nothing that can be done but time. But if this has happened to you, did you benefit from pain meds? It's pretty excruciating all the time. Especially when getting up from sitting.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I sure hope you got the wife to the ER and all is well, on that end, anyway. Long time ago, I lost a bet with a guy and the winner got to kick the loser in the ass. So, I bent over and he kicked me in the ass a little harder than the bet called for and broke my damn tailbone. Sonuvabiotch! It took a long dang time to get over that. Not much you can do about it but for dang sure make certain you don't repeat the slip and fall this winter! If you think it hurts now, think about what it's gonna feel like as you watch your feet fly up in front of your face if you take a fall in the next round of icy weather. One of those inflatable donut things they sell at the drugstore may help some. Whisky too. Lots of whisky.

Bowler7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there done that not something I want to try again. Time is the only thing I know of that makes it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll spare you the story, but a few years ago I was "helped" to the concrete floor by a disgruntled man and hit right on my tale bone. Not sure if it was broke, I always though mine was bruised or cracked. But it hurt all the time and there was nothing I found that helped, it lasted for a few months.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll spare you the story, but a few years ago I was "helped" to the concrete floor by a disgruntled man and hit right on my tale bone. Not sure if it was broke, I always though mine was bruised or cracked. But it hurt all the time and there was nothing I found that helped, it lasted for a few months.

C'mon, tell us the story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep it hurts, broke mine in skydiving accident many years ago. Try to suffer through it as best you can WITHOUT the pain meds.
Merry Christmas

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know the pain, I dislocated my tail bone years ago, since then I have "had my butt in a sling" way to many times.

It is hard to find a way to sit, stand, lay down or just move without pain. For me the thing that caused the least pain was walking.

I hope you find a way to get comfy.

I wish I had a good suggestion that would help you.

Hope the wife is okay.

Oh, do everything you can to avoid repeating the accident, the second time is worse.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Slipped on a large boulder on Mt Scott years ago, was slick as ice. Don't know if tail bone was broke, but hurt like hell for a month. That donut pillow helped a lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom