Anyone use Amazon Echo/Alexa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use the hell out of my Amazon Echos and Dot! I use it to control my Nest thermostat and well as my Fire Stick for my TV. I have one in the kitchen that I use as a kitchen timer for everything from steeping time for tea & coffee to roasting and baking in the oven. The timer is much, much louder than anything on your oven and is loud enough to wake me up if I've dozed off. I know several guys that use their Echo as their timer for brewing beer since you can have multiple timers going at one time and assign each one a name.

I especially use my bedroom Echo for listening to music as I go to sleep or wake me up with music or an alarm in the morning.

Alexa, wake me up at 530 AM with Reveille, Bugle Call

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Setup with some wifi outlets. It's great to walk into the room with an arm full of ammo and firearms stuff and tell Alexa to turn on the light.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Echo Dot, but after the novelty wore off I seldom use it anymore. Stays plugged in just in case. To all of those worried about it listening to everything you say - you’re not similarly concerned about that phone with built in microphone, camera, and GPS that rides along in your pocket wherever you go?

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an Echo Dot, but after the novelty wore off I seldom use it anymore. Stays plugged in just in case. To all of those worried about it listening to everything you say - you’re not similarly concerned about that phone with built in microphone, camera, and GPS that rides along in your pocket wherever you go?

Yes...See my previous post. Unfortunately my option is either keep the phone or be homeless as it's my job at stake.
I am certain Siri is a Russian spy with remote hacker capability. That's why I never let my phone near my computer.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes...See my previous post. Unfortunately my option is either keep the phone or be homeless as it's my job at stake.
I am certain Siri is a Russian spy with remote hacker capability. That's why I never let my phone near my computer.

Google maps is more of a concern IMO...

Latest posts

Top Bottom