Arvest Bank is changing their stance on OC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Credit Union, has armed guard. I've talked to them several times , "its their policy"!
I make them walk me out to the car, "You Disarmed me ,You Make me Safe"
Ha, Concealed IS Concealed.
Arvest ,I shed those crooked bastiches several years ago, questionable banking practices, see Ya

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Arvest here in Poteau has darn good reason to be scared of firearms - They get robbed at gunpoint at least once a year! And the cops never can seem to catch the bad guy. Probably the same guy!

Maybe if they had more people OC'ing in their branch...the robberies would stop : )

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So let's role play a little. You're an average bank teller. Probably female, mid-30's to mid-50's in age. You handle a great deal of money every single day. While bank robbery isn't as popular today as it used to be, it still happens once in a while. You see so many different faces each day, that these customers are pretty much numbers in a computer...

Now while you're sitting there today, the door chimes and catches you attention. As you watch this member walk towards the counter, you notice a firearm on their hip, and no badge/uniform to go with it... Is your first thought "That must be an outstanding member of society excersizing his rights in a lawfully legal way."

I agree with Arvest on their apparent new stance on open carry.

Or She could be happy....because she's aware that there is an open carry law that allows LAW ABIDING citizens to open carry and her bank is less likely to have anything violent go on with that member on the premisis!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TwoForFlinching
So let's role play a little. You're an average bank teller. Probably female, mid-30's to mid-50's in age. You handle a great deal of money every single day. While bank robbery isn't as popular today as it used to be, it still happens once in a while. You see so many different faces each day, that these customers are pretty much numbers in a computer...

Now while you're sitting there today, the door chimes and catches you attention. As you watch this member walk towards the counter, you notice a firearm on their hip, and no badge/uniform to go with it... Is your first thought "That must be an outstanding member of society excersizing his rights in a lawfully legal way."
Then a Masked man busts through the door...gimme yo money MF'ers.
The first man spins and puts 2 the chest ,one to the head.
Checking on the masked mans condition he hears a faint whisper..."dang them oc,cc guys, theyre killin my bizness...Croak"
The oc stranger was givin a Grande Parade and the keys to the....OH you said role playin...
The End

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Arvest here in Poteau has darn good reason to be scared of firearms - They get robbed at gunpoint at least once a year! And the cops never can seem to catch the bad guy. Probably the same guy!

What about the two that Donnie Reed shot that are still sitting in the federal penitentiary?

<edit> Checked my facts, sorry... Donnie Williams, Gary Ford and at least of the other officers. Those two didn't get away. :D

Last edited:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I understand is that the traditional branches will be no carry (I was actually told no open-carry but assumed they meant no carry period); however, the in-store branches will follow Wal-Mart's policies and will not post any gun-buster signs.

On a side note, does anyone in the Tulsa area have a bank they like that does not post gun-buster signs? I know many just ignore the signs, but on principle I try to avoid doing business with companies who post gun-buster signs.

I drove up to IBC at 81st and Garnett this morning and did not see a gunbuster sign, I already have an account there so I am good, I will be closing out my other account at RCB though!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent a long email to my private banker at Arvest detailing my concerns and disappointment, as well as my intention to begin taking my business elsewhere should Arvest enact a GunBuster policy.

Maybe it'll help, maybe not.

Latest posts

Top Bottom