Arvest Bank is changing their stance on OC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I understand is that the traditional branches will be no carry (I was actually told no open-carry but assumed they meant no carry period); however, the in-store branches will follow Wal-Mart's policies and will not post any gun-buster signs.

On a side note, does anyone in the Tulsa area have a bank they like that does not post gun-buster signs? I know many just ignore the signs, but on principle I try to avoid doing business with companies who post gun-buster signs.

Check out BancFirst. It seems their policy may vary by location as branches in some markets are posted while those in other markets are not.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, four pages in this thread, and no relevant argument for OC in a bank...

1. Because sometimes I carry large amounts of cash to the bank
2. Because sometimes I carry large amounts of case from the bank
3. Because OC is just way more comfortable than CC

Whose relevance scale are we using? If we are using mine than here is another, because it is legal for me to OC and I don't want to keep taking my gun out of the holster when I go into places.

Heaven forbid we should start having to prove relevance to exercise a right.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Fair enough, but by these points, it would indicate a bank is a dangerous place... As the best defense is to not put yourself into dangerous situations, and being continually aware, the safest place for your money would be in home.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So let's role play a little. You're an average bank teller. Probably female, mid-30's to mid-50's in age. You handle a great deal of money every single day. While bank robbery isn't as popular today as it used to be, it still happens once in a while. You see so many different faces each day, that these customers are pretty much numbers in a computer...

Now while you're sitting there today, the door chimes and catches you attention. As you watch this member walk towards the counter, you notice a firearm on their hip, and no badge/uniform to go with it... Is your first thought "That must be an outstanding member of society excersizing his rights in a lawfully legal way."

I agree with Arvest on their apparent new stance on open carry.

I know I'm not a middle aged lady, but I know that when I see someone carrying a gun legally on there hip my first thought is what no good act is this criminal up to. LOL!! It doesn't surprise me that you think this way on Nov. 1 no one could carry a gun in shop (OC) but as of yesterday you have signs up welcoming OC. Can't make up your mind. I will end with saying typical liberal response!

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So there's no such thing as a polite, nice looking criminal who occasionally smiles from time to time?

I guess I'm alone in my sensible logic. I see someone with a gun in public, I assume they are a threat to my family and I, and I'm not about to walk up to a gun wielding patron and ask if they are permitted...

And there in lies the problem. You see a gun you assume bad guy. I'm in LE and never see a bad guy carrying his weapon on in plain sight. Hence its the ones you don't see or know are there you have to worry about. Im not a liberal moron though so in OK when I see a guy carrying a gun on his hip I think there is a guy exercising his 2A rights. That's just me.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough, but by these points, it would indicate a bank is a dangerous place... As the best defense is to not put yourself into dangerous situations, and being continually aware, the safest place for your money would be in home.

I disagree, once the money is in the bank it is insured by FDIC, and it is earning me interest. Sitting in my home, it is neither insured or working for me.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I'm not a middle aged lady, but I know that when I see someone carrying a gun legally on there hip my first thought is what no good act is this criminal up to. LOL!! It doesn't surprise me that you think this way on Nov. 1 no one could carry a gun in shop (OC) but as of yesterday you have signs up welcoming OC. Can't make up your mind. I will end with saying typical liberal response!

LOL... I tend to stir the pot of debate, just for the act of debate. I get called a liberal by my red friends, and get called a conservative by my blue friends...lol... What fun is the world if everyone agrees. You never get the chance to exercise your independent thought and political muscles. Don't let a little trolling get you guys all butthurt, just another service I offer free of charge.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, four pages in this thread, and no relevant argument for OC in a bank...

Whose relevance scale are we using? If we are using mine than here is another, because it is legal for me to OC and I don't want to keep taking my gun out of the holster when I go into places.

Heaven forbid we should start having to prove relevance to exercise a right.

Personally, I think anyplace outside my home is a potentially dangerous place, which is why I carry in the first place. Also, a bank is just as dangerous if not moreso than any other. No security I've ever seen at my bank(s), but known to have people coming and going with large sums of cash. Plus the knowledge they have been targeted and robbed before.

No need for 30% of the Oklahomans yesterday who voted to actually do so... their votes were changed to support a candidate they did not want. Actually about 4 million people in Florida had that happen to them... at least they didn't know beforehand that would happen. In Oklahoma there was really no need, as everyone knew those votes would be forcibly changed as part of the accepted election process.

I was disappointed today when I drove by my bank and saw the GunBuster sign on the door.

I guess I won't be going in there anytime soon... and will start looking for somewhere else to handle my investments, because I really doubt my little email is going to change anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom