Arvest Bank is changing their stance on OC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

It is the perception that needs to be changed - and I know many people have issues with OC for various reasons, but OC is an opportunity to show others that people who carry are not the bad guys. The anti agenda has been very effective at convincing people that carrying a gun makes you a bad person and the mere sight of a gun should result in panic and hysteria. My hope is that people exercising their rights to OC will do so in a reasonable, sensible way that changes the tide so that someone with a pistol on their hip is perceived as perfectly normal, reasonable, and not out of place at all.

Banning OC because people "feel uncomfortable" is garbage. It stinks of political correctness where rights are stripped and taken away because we don't want to "offend anyone". I am offended at the notion that someone's feelings should have a bearing on my rights.

Good luck,

Alan

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

It is the perception that needs to be changed - and I know many people have issues with OC for various reasons, but OC is an opportunity to show others that people who carry are not the bad guys. The anti agenda has been very effective at convincing people that carrying a gun makes you a bad person and the mere sight of a gun should result in panic and hysteria. My hope is that people exercising their rights to OC will do so in a reasonable, sensible way that changes the tide so that someone with a pistol on their hip is perceived as perfectly normal, reasonable, and not out of place at all.

Banning OC because people "feel uncomfortable" is garbage. It stinks of political correctness where rights are stripped and taken away because we don't want to "offend anyone". I am offended at the notion that someone's feelings should have a bearing on my rights.

Good luck,

Alan

Well said! Thanks

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Montana a few weeks ago. Checking into my hotel I spotted another guest unloading his and his wife's bags from the back of their SUV at the front entrance. His firearm was exposed as he reached for the bags and when he stood the gun was then visible. I smiled and said "nice gun". He looked at me, then at his gun and quickly covered it with his shirt and gave me a grateful thankyou with a smile. I guess it's just me, but if I see someone acting normal who happens to be armed I find reassurance that there are other people who take responsibility to protect themselves and their family. Going all paranoid is silly.

Wow! I can't believe you said that. I bet it made that guy very uncomfortable. It would be me. It would have me wondering why you were checkin' me out. I'd probably steer clear of you if I saw you in public again after a comment like that.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Good luck,

Alan

Great post

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I didn't know the right to do something only counted if was viewed by the public.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

Banning OC because people "feel uncomfortable" is garbage. It stinks of political correctness where rights are stripped and taken away because we don't want to "offend anyone". I am offended at the notion that someone's feelings should have a bearing on my rights.Good luck,

Alan

I'm glad they have a ban on public nudity. There are a lot of people, myself included, that I wouldn't wanna seek neeked fondling the melons at the produce section in Homeland.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
So let's role play a little. You're an average bank teller. Probably female, mid-30's to mid-50's in age. You handle a great deal of money every single day. While bank robbery isn't as popular today as it used to be, it still happens once in a while. You see so many different faces each day, that these customers are pretty much numbers in a computer...

Now while you're sitting there today, the door chimes and catches you attention. As you watch this member walk towards the counter, you notice a firearm on their hip, and no badge/uniform to go with it... Is your first thought "That must be an outstanding member of society excersizing his rights in a lawfully legal way."

I agree with Arvest on their apparent new stance on open carry.

I racked my brain trying to remember a bank robbery in which the robber walked in with a gun holstered in OC position, I even trusted the good folks at the Google Plant in Pryor to find a story of a robber in a OC State that entered the bank with his weapon holstered in a OC position before robbing the bank. They didn't have much luck either.. Ignorance is teachable..

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I understand is that the traditional branches will be no carry (I was actually told no open-carry but assumed they meant no carry period); however, the in-store branches will follow Wal-Mart's policies and will not post any gun-buster signs.

On a side note, does anyone in the Tulsa area have a bank they like that does not post gun-buster signs? I know many just ignore the signs, but on principle I try to avoid doing business with companies who post gun-buster signs.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I understand is that the traditional branches will be no carry (I was actually told no open-carry but assumed they meant no carry period); however, the in-store branches will follow Wal-Mart's policies and will not post any gun-buster signs.

On a side note, does anyone in the Tulsa area have a bank they like that does not post gun-buster signs? I know many just ignore the signs, but on principle I try to avoid doing business with companies who post gun-buster signs.

BoK, I believe is one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom