baby formula on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of my boys had to have lamb-based formula. Before I put him on it he was a classic case study in "failure to thrive". I cannot imagine what parents who have kids who need special formulas are going through right now. It's disgraceful ... And that's the nice thing I have to say about this mess ...
Our foster son is on a specialty formula for failure to thrive and things that happened to him his first month before we got him. He is doing absolutely great, and I attribute that to the formulas he is on. The formula rep helped us out with a fair amount of samples, and I told her we would be more than happy to use him as a spokesmodel for them as he is doing so great.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our foster son is on a specialty formula for failure to thrive and things that happened to him his first month before we got him. He is doing absolutely great, and I attribute that to the formulas he is on. The formula rep helped us out with a fair amount of samples, and I told her we would be more than happy to use him as a spokesmodel for them as he is doing so great.
My mom had me on special formula ---- she reminds me about how expensive a baby I was from time to time, but I used the same argument about how well i turned out after the investment.

Oddly, she sometimes rolls her eyes at the argument.....

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love how Biden gets blamed for this. Abbott, who makes 43 percent of the US supply has to shut down because their greed stopped them from properly cleaning manufacturing equipment??? Totally Bidens fault. The trump negotiated tariff system on importing baby formula??? Totally Bidens fault.
So the tariffs did exactly what they should have, made us an exporter instead of an importer.

And according to the CEO of Abbott, no faults were found in the plant that the FDA ordered **** down and they’ve been ready to reopen for months, but the 23 year old interns at the WH have not given the ok.

So yeah, Brandons fault.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
>elon was supposed to use $46,000,000,000 to end world hunger instead of buying twitter
>the us sends $100,000,000,000 to ukraine while babies starve

ah right, i see how selective logic works

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the tariffs did exactly what they should have, made us an exporter instead of an importer.

And according to the CEO of Abbott, no faults were found in the plant that the FDA ordered **** down and they’ve been ready to reopen for months, but the 23 year old interns at the WH have not given the ok.

So yeah, Brandons fault.
Made us an exporter ----until such time as we have any possible supply disruption right? Remember the saying "down to one you're already done"? Kind of applies here I think. We should probably have backup plans in place for such critical supplies right?

Also, to quote a section from fortune.com:

Abbott Nutrition voluntarily shut down its Sturgis facility on Feb. 17 in response to several reports between Sept. 2021 and Feb. 2022 of children falling ill or dying after consuming formula products produced at the site.

Those reports, along with a whistleblower testimony submitted late last year, prompted the FDA to investigate the plant between Jan. 31 and March 18. Their investigation identified several health and safety violations separate from the potential bacterial contamination leading to reported infant deaths.

Though Abbott has said that its own investigation into the contamination found no connection between the formula produced at its plant and the infant illnesses and deaths, the FDA’s additional findings have kept the plant shut down. A settlement between Abbott and the FDA, announced this week, is currently awaiting court approval in Michigan. Once approved, the plant can reopen.

So factually, you're wrong on a few fronts. The FDA didn't order the inital shutdown --- it was voluntary. The investigation that was opened did find issues that KEPT it shutdown longer. Secondly, the CEO didn't say there were "no faults found in the plant". He said there were no faults found linked to the reports of children becoming ill or dying which is a significant difference. Finally, the settlement isn't pending a "23 year old interns at the WH" but a court in Michigan.

https://fortune.com/2022/05/19/baby-formula-shortage-fda-abbott-plant-reopening/

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love how Biden gets blamed for this. Abbott, who makes 43 percent of the US supply has to shut down because their greed stopped them from properly cleaning manufacturing equipment??? Totally Bidens fault. The trump negotiated tariff system on importing baby formula??? Totally Bidens fault.

I've heard of the formula shortage but it doesn't really affect anyone in my family so I haven't looked at it too closely.

Biden's fault or not, ALL president's get blamed for things that aren't their fault or for thing's over which they have little control. Biden's no different. But, he's still an incompetent, lying, corrupt ********* that constantly blames others for things that aren't their fault. So, FJB...he gets no sympathy from me on this. Politics is a dirty business and turnabout's fair play as far as I'm concerned.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard of the formula shortage but it doesn't really affect anyone in my family so I haven't looked at it too closely.

Biden's fault or not, ALL president's get blamed for things that aren't their fault or for thing's over which they have little control. Biden's no different. But, he's still an incompetent, lying, corrupt ********* that constantly blames others for things that aren't their fault. So, FJB...he gets no sympathy from me on this. Politics is a dirty business and turnabout's fair play as far as I'm concerned.
Man, if I wanted to poke the bear I could come up with countless example of things that were Trumps fault then. I mean, it just seems better to be better than knowingly peddling falsehoods.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't disagree with that. But it happens. I'm not a raving Trump fan so it's no skin off my nose if you didn't like the guy. And, surprise, surprise, I didn't think Reagan was all that and a bag o' chips, either. Reagan is a big reason CA has such f'd up gun laws today. But, both Reagan and Trump knew about economics better than most other recent presidents. Reagan just had a lot more class than Trump does. Neither was/is a friend of gun owners. They were just less rabid about it gun control, or it was further down their list of things to worry about, than just about any democrat.

But the truth is Biden lied his ass off, and continues to do so, about just damn near everything. Of course, he's a democrat so that comes naturally to him. So, again...FJB. Still no sympathy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom