Basic reloading "how to" get together

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
List of Tentative People In for "Tulsa area reloading get together":

Tryomeo55
Stephen Cue
Hullxsm
264Mugnum
Caseman
Shootin 4 Fun
Scruffy
Flatwins
Gillman7
66Ford
RobinRay649
458 SOCOM
EFsDad
Rawhide
NikatKimber
TurnedTurtle
Shifty
Minman
Quick Draw McGraw

& whomever else would like to Share/learn

Lets decide who will host & when it will be held.

Ty, since your the OP did you want to host?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got it, I am glad someone else realized I was kiddin! I started not to post, sometimes people walk around looking for something to get pissy about....
:laugh6::laugh6::thanku::bighug:

Sometimes my common sense falls a little behind my intelligence. I had a brain fart and did not put two and two together. That is why I simply asked and am glad I got a simple answer (thank you jbarnett)

Now for my “pissy” rant……
I posted this to try and help some members out. Please take your un-useful, un-related posts and put them somewhere else. All they do is deter from the posts original purpose and promote people (noobs and Veterans) to clutter up what otherwise is a good site, and helpful post. Your banter is fine in quite a bit of discussion that goes on here but, do you really think this is the place? I don't.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wanting to put some more thaught into the logistics but I think that we are goint to try and make this a GO! When is To be Determined but I think I could host it is it does not get too big.

Ty-

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know very little, but what simplicities i do know have worked well for me. All ive reloaded heavily for is my M1 Garand but i have over 1000 of my own rounds malfunction free through it. I dont have any pretty gizmos to show off (i do all my stuff with a lee anniversary kit) but id be willing to share any info i can and i certainly like to see some guys progressive and turret press set ups as id like to get one. Pulling a lever 300 times to load 100 rounds gets old, not to mention trimming, deburring, and priming all by hand.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Should we make it a week from this saturday, that way we may pick up some cool new reloading supplies at Wanenmacher's.

If anyone doesn't know what to look for, heres a list of a few simple components:

Powder:
This greatly depends on what you caliber you shoot. alot of guys will be reloading .380, .9mm, & .40S&W. I use IMR 700x; WIN231;Titegroup; or these Alliant brands: Bullseye, RedDot, & Unique.

Average cost is about $15-$25/lb. Just do some net searches for ballistics and decide before hand what type of powder you want to try for the size bullet you want to shoot and keep a few in mind in case you run across some shortages.

Brass: this one is easy to figure out, LOL

Bullets:
For pistol bullets: self defense, I recommend FMJ's & JHP's only. For plinking, some lead bullets are okay, but there are some downsides to it being cheaper. Lead bullets are softer than FMJ's so its more delicate to seat; lead being poisonous, DO NOT ingest them...LOL. Also after shooting lead, theres more to clean up in the barrel but its not difficult.
For rifle bullets: It mainly comes down to weight, Shape and Nose. For example, 150gr boattail softpoint. So depending on what your hunting/shooting the bullets vary greatly

Primers
Small pistol primers for .32; .380; 9mm;.38/.357; & .40S&W.
Large pistol primers for 10mm;.44 mag; .45 acp
Small rifle primers for .223, 7.62x39, etc
Large rifle primers for .270; 7mm mag;30-30;.308; 30'06; & above
Magnum primers are used if you are using a slow burning powder!

For Rifle reloaders, the same components are used just make sure to research the powder type vs bullet weight ballistics you want.

Other accessories to look for: Scales, Dies (depending on what press you have), powder dispensers/measures, micro calipers, case trimmers, primer pocket cleaners, brass tumblers & media, bullet puller hammer, I would recommend several brands of reloading manuals, cartridge holder trays

Anyone is welcome to PM me for more info.

Stephen

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i'd be interested in an okc get-together.i have a melting pot and even some molded bullets i would donate in 38,357,44 just for some quick loading lessons.i'm getting back into it after an almost 15 year layoff and find that you learn something everytime you pull the lever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom