Basic reloading "how to" get together

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes my common sense falls a little behind my intelligence. I had a brain fart and did not put two and two together. That is why I simply asked and am glad I got a simple answer (thank you jbarnett)

Now for my “pissy” rant……
I posted this to try and help some members out. Please take your un-useful, un-related posts and put them somewhere else. All they do is deter from the posts original purpose and promote people (noobs and Veterans) to clutter up what otherwise is a good site, and helpful post. Your banter is fine in quite a bit of discussion that goes on here but, do you really think this is the place? I don't.

Opps, sorry for my un-useful post (however, it is not totally unrelated, no??). GC and I would love to come but he is on Sunday/Monday rotation and will have to work Saturday. You guys have fun without us! :mosh:

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm . . . :thumb: You do know I can find you, don't you?? :laugh6:

Besides, IIRC, GC is a dumbass when it comes to reloading! LOL

Yeah cause if you and GC show up, well....ther goes my neighborhood.:lmfao:

On another. I can host, but I will need to move reloading setup in to garage from my reloading shop so I could fit every one in. I have two single stage and a progressive press. Plenty to learn on. I am in Broken Arrow within a mile of Bass Pro. All I would need is for a head count and I need to ask MRs. 458 SOCOM if everyone on OSA can come over an play. I also have a lead pot for melting and casting bullets.

ou77kg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about some of us OKC area guys doing the same.

I posted a few months ago about maybe doing a intro to casting and only got a couple responses. Not currently set up for casting, but once my new pot comes and I get it put back together maybe I can do something on that subject.

As for reloading SW1911Sooner and jbarnett have both showed interest here locally. Spring is just about here and my aching bones are crying a lot less so maybe we can do something overhere now. I could probably handle maybe 1 or 2 more in the man cave when I do it. Otherwise we'd need a bigger venue.

I guess if interest was significant I might be able to find a larger building.

So now that prices and availability have became an issue is there any interest?

If you're going to do one, please PM me. I'd love to come and learn all i can from ya.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Opps, sorry for my un-useful post (however, it is not totally unrelated, no??). GC and I would love to come but he is on Sunday/Monday rotation and will have to work Saturday. You guys have fun without us! :mosh:

No worries. I was not wanting feeling "pissy" I just thought that if I was going to get accused of being something I didn't want to let anyone down.

Truth be told I like everyone. If I get my toes stepped on I might whine a little but in the end it is forgotten quickly after a ice cold Dr. Pepper or hour reloading.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GET TOGETHER PEEPS>>>>>>>>>

I'm still putting thought into it but here is what I am thinking,

I have a detached garage where I do my reloading. It is not huge but should serve a dozen people or so for an informal meeting.

I'm thinking maybe the third weekend in April how is that for everyone?

I would like another members help with pre meeting ideas and that could help answer questions particularly about pistol reloading the day of.

Keeping in mid that this would be a very informal meeting... I think we could start with a basic run through of how the process works, run through some safety points, have a Q&A, and let everyone try their hand at it if they do so desire.
Should take a couple of hours or so more if we get to shooting the bull.

MY RULES:

if it is to be at my house.......

With there being so many people I have never met all over the place I don't feel comfortable letting people into my home. All activity will be in my detached garage and back yard. so no bathroom.

Until we get a proper count please understand if I limit the number of people OR limit guests to OSA members only

Any firearms brought onto my property must not be loaded and be subject to inspection and maybe a zip tie. The ONLY exception to this would be to individuals that have a current Conceal Carry license and those people MUST KEEP those firearms concealed at all times PERIOD (I don't want people checking newly loaded rounds in their firearms).

No alcohol.

What does everyone think?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable to me. I *think* I can make that, if so, I can help answer basic questions about basic safety, how presses work, what some of the dies do, etc. But I'm not very advanced, so things like what powders work best and how to make reloads more accurate are beyond me.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Your house, your rules. I don't need to go if space is limited!

So depending on how many want to go, I can go or opt out!

I would rather someone go that needs the info.We'll see when you get the rsvp's.

Also depending on if there are people that cant make it, i will be glad to host one another time.

Stephen

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be checking with a local resource for a building in the next day or so. Until then it doesn't look like there is quite as much interest down around OKC, so maybe I'll just get with the few that have shown an interest and meet at my man cave.

Let us know how it goes up there. I would appreciate you guys and gals shortening the learning curve for me.

OF

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I can stay caught up on schoolwork I would be able to help a little,share a few things I have learned not to do,or what works for me,and could always learn a new trick or two. I reload rifle and pistol and cast for pistol.If there is an x amount of room then by all means let the beginning loaders start first.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the rules and depending on the certain date, I am definitely in. Also, I am a complete newb to reloading. Thank you to everyone's devotion to OSA community!

Latest posts

Top Bottom