Best Chicken Fry in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Chicken fried Steak in OKC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since when did Eischens start serving Chikcen Fried Steak? I thought that dive was "whole chicken or no chicken" still.

It still is, chicken, okra, and beer... I think he mistakenly read the title as fried chicken, in which case I'd probably have to agree with him.. There may be better chicken, but the whole Eischen's experience is something on its own.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nope, back at work now. Quick trip over there before the lunch rush, in and out in 20 minutes.
It was AWESOME! I've been craving it for a while. This thread pushed me over the edge.

It's a good thing I don't live in OKC otherwise I'd be 5000 pounds from eating at Chuck House every day.

Give me a full order of those crinkle fries, golden brown and crispy along with a CFS sandwich smothered in mayo, salt, lettuce and onion and I'm in HEAVEN!

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a good thing I don't live in OKC otherwise I'd be 5000 pounds from eating at Chuck House every day...

I know, I damn near got there. this was the first time in almost a year that I've eaten there. I've paid the price for it too (my stomach still isn't working right). It'll be a while before I go back. I gotta save me from myself.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know, I damn near got there. this was the first time in almost a year that I've eaten there. I've paid the price for it too (my stomach still isn't working right). It'll be a while before I go back. I gotta save me from myself.

Dang..somehow, I feel guilty for starting this post...guilty and... hungry! ...For a big old dang chicken fry smothered in white cream gravy! About a 2-pounder should do.

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a good thing I don't live in OKC otherwise I'd be 5000 pounds from eating at Chuck House every day.

Give me a full order of those crinkle fries, golden brown and crispy along with a CFS sandwich smothered in mayo, salt, lettuce and onion and I'm in HEAVEN!

Don't forget the BACON, you have to order the ultimate for the BACON...

Within the last couple of weeks I finally tried Texas Roadhouse's chicken fried steak (sirloin, on their menu) and it was surprisingly delicious. It's huge and very tasty, but has a lot of batter on it.

Generally speaking, I still vote for Iron Skillet. For $8 you can get a decent size CFS, 2 eggs, toast, and potatoes.

I will also back up the awesome food at the 'skillet, although I have only eaten the breakfast buffet there(read huge pans of eggs, sausage, BACON, hash browns, pancakes, french toast, and other items for like $11) and will have to try the chicken fry as it looks good too.

All that said, I'll have to agree with the sign on the Chuck House roof when I rate my chicken fry, especially the sandwich with BACON!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is that place called Henry's Chicken Fry still around up on 2nd Street in Edmond?

No it is gone. I tried Chuck House in Edmond once and it sucked. I still prefer Ann's over any others I have eaten and if you are really feeling brave you can order it Santa Fe style. No gravy but chili, cheese, peppers, etc.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No it is gone. I tried Chuck House in Edmond once and it sucked. I still prefer Ann's over any others I have eaten and if you are really feeling brave you can order it Santa Fe style. No gravy but chili, cheese, peppers, etc.

There's a Chuck house in Edmond???
The one on 10th and Meridian is the only one I've ever eaten at, including today, and they rock!

Latest posts

Top Bottom