Best Chicken Fry in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best Chicken fried Steak in OKC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
WOO I PWN PAGE 5!

Chicken fried steak:

1. Chuck House (10th and Meridian)
2. Ann's
3. Kendall's was ok, just really BIG.

Never been to the truck stop at petro.

As for the fried chicken people in here, I went to Eischen's and I was not impressed. I still like my Mother-in-law's fried chicken the best.

Recently, I tried BOBO's and while I thought the flavor was pretty good, I absolutely hate WINGS! Why just wings? There is hardly any meat on them. Wasn't worth my wait and price for wings.

This is all I have to say at this time. :thumb:

vlazlo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, this may smack of utter blasphemy but the best chicken fried steak (besides momma's) I've ever had was at Cheevers on N.W. 23rd and Hudson. It is absolutely mind-blowing!!! They serve you two huge battered steaks on a bed of mashed taters with a jalepeño gravy... Makes me happier than a, well, nevermind...

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're in a hurry, don't want to/can't leave your car or want something to take home and eat while you watch the football game Del Rancho is pretty much unbeatable. Dunno about sit-down. I haven't tried all of those. I'd be willing to do a complete definitive in-depth survey of the entire OKC metro area if someone is willing to finance it.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted Chuck House but after i did, i remembered eating chicken fried steak at Toby Kieths and it was awesome. A little over priced but the steak was HUGE!

I haven't tried chuck house YET, but the CFS from Toby's is great!! Yeah a lil over priced, but it is 16oz for $17 I think

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really don't know. But I do enjoy the Chuck House ones, especially the sandwiches. Years ago, Shorty Small's made a fairly mean chicken fry, but not sure if they still do.

I think Shorty's had the best years ago. It went down hill. Texas Roadhouse has a good one"Sometimes better then others". I just like it fresh. You bring me a frozen chicken fry and I never come back again.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on Chuckhouse. The A&E Grill in Chickasha has a pretty good chicken fried steak also. I want to try a chicken fry at Toby Keith's - had a burger at lunch last summer and it was great!

About 8 years ago I ate at the Del Rancho south of the fairgrounds in OKC - felt like I had eaten a pound of Crisco. :teehee:

Cedar Creek

SiGArmed

Deplorable
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Del Rancho > ALL

Except Texas Road House, that place is great to.

Loaded mashed taters yum yum.

I'll give a $100 bill to someone who can get me the recipe for del rancho's though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom