Big Boys, Saturday, November 12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got the upper receiver and parts in, have the handguard and barrel nut and barrel. Put it all together and waiting on the gas block and tube along with comp but they are showing to still be sitting in a suburb of DFW.... Could single shot it though, LOL.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Range-ginas. I had one of those excellent days at the range when everything was clicking just right. Shot my Colt LW Commander .45 very well, my Ruger SR1911 LW Commander in 9mm was putting them in a nice tight group, the Glock 43 just continues to be an excellent piece for CCW, but the star of the show today was my Marlin XT-22tr (tube fed). This $230 rimfire rifle with a Simmons 3x9x40 scope on top and a sweet Boyds stock just drives tacks! The bulls on these targets were just too big at 25 yds so I drew little red dots with a sharpie and using plain old CCI Mini Mags, well...here's the pic of the target. I was in sniper mode! Sniper mode I tell ya, I couldn't miss. Great time, just wish there were some other folks on this board who actually like to shoot real guns and bullets! I was gonna give this rifle to my grandson for his birthday later this month but he decided he likes the Savage MKII G better after all...man, am I glad he does cause I do NOT want to part with this Marlin. Correction: I am NOT going to part with it. I was thinking about buying a CZ 455, but can't see why I need to after this little Marlin showed me just how good it is. I'm gonna put a better piece of glass on it, a nice Nikon or Leupold Rimfire scope I think, and just spend the money on CCI Mini Mags.
IMG_3321.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I'd made it out, Joel.
That's some great shooting. Don't you just love it when it all goes bang where you want it to?
I'll probably go this Tues bring my 22, since I dont' have it sighted in yet.
Yours is SURE a keeper!!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I'd made it out, Joel.
That's some great shooting. Don't you just love it when it all goes bang where you want it to?
I'll probably go this Tues bring my 22, since I dont' have it sighted in yet.
Yours is SURE a keeper!!!

Some days, you get it all right, and some days, you might be better off just throwing the bullets. Today was a good day. I got all the firearms cleaned and lubed, put a new recoil spring in the Ruger 1911, cleaned and loaded my mags, organized my ammo, buffed a coat of clear Kiwi wax on my leather, washed the kydex gear, ran my knife over a stone, and got everything all set for next time. Now I lay me down to sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom