Bobcat traps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the contact info, and those are some cool pics too. I had seen his name on OPHA's site, he builds traps for an ADC guy in Tulsa. I need to give him a call. Do you know if he builds generic sizes, or does he build them to whatever specs you want? Thanks again

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never tried to sell the fur still on the cat so I don't know about that. Cats are one of the easiest to skin critters. I think Terry just builds some standard size traps. I bet he has jigs made to make it all go faster. I have a couple of his and they are nice.
Look back in this thread for tips on setting the traps and then look at the pic of my son next to a trap. That one is brushed up with weeds and that is just where the cat was caught. Look for areas with cat tracks. Openings down fence lines are good. Roads through timber. Along creeks. A favorite of mine is where a creek goes under a road...you can be a cat will walk through that spot and if you brush up a trap there and get some feathers blowing in the wind on top of the brush pile, they will investigate it. Good luck and take some pics for us if you get some. Here is another pic for you of a good one in a leg hold I caught several years ago.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_Scan_Pic0047.jpg

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought a Predator Xtreme and they had an article about Calvin Klein's Obsession for Men. Appartently this stuff is kryptonite for cats, a study was done in the jungles of Central and South America where they used it to obtain trail camera images of elusive jaguars. Researchers placed wooden stakes wrapped with rags in the ground in front of the cameras and applied the cologne. Camera stations utilizing the scented rags attracted three time as many jaguars as did unscented camera stations.

Also a zookeeper conducted studies using 24 different colognes to see which ones peaked the interest of cheetahs. Nearly all fragrances held the cat's attention for a few seconds but Obsession for Men captivated the animal's attention for more than 10 minutes on average. Obsession for Men contains a synthetic blend called civet, which is the same musk secreted by the civet cat.

So if you need to scent to lure them in this stuff should do the trick.

Hopefuly it attracts cougars to. :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a Predator Xtreme and they had an article about Calvin Klein's Obsession for Men. Appartently this stuff is kryptonite for cats, a study was done in the jungles of Central and South America where they used it to obtain trail camera images of elusive jaguars. Researchers placed wooden stakes wrapped with rags in the ground in front of the cameras and applied the cologne. Camera stations utilizing the scented rags attracted three time as many jaguars as did unscented camera stations.

Also a zookeeper conducted studies using 24 different colognes to see which ones peaked the interest of cheetahs. Nearly all fragrances held the cat's attention for a few seconds but Obsession for Men captivated the animal's attention for more than 10 minutes on average. Obsession for Men contains a synthetic blend called civet, which is the same musk secreted by the civet cat.

So if you need to scent to lure them in this stuff should do the trick.

Hopefuly it attracts cougars to. :)

Where could this be bought? As Imhuntin has, I've used the cat-man-do, and its pretty effective. Cheap too.

As far as the post about selling a cat whole, a couple of years ago, they were getting $100 for a good spotted cat, that was whole, and frozen. Freeze them stretched out is what the buyer told me.
Larry Green the Osage GW told me that the guys that want them whole, eventually sell the urin, etc.

There is a list of current fur buyers on the wildlifedepartment.com trapping section. At least there was last year.

Bevenue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well im just thinking about selling them whole or sending them in to be skinned professionally, if I want to keep them. My luck I would mess them up if I did it.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The buyer with Kanokla told me the other day that when skinning a cat, you want to leave the "brown with the brown and the white with the white" when you make your cuts along the back legs on the belly side. It probably is better to sell whole if you have the freezer space, so you don't have a chance of doing it wrong I figure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom