BOOMER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Will he stay? I think he might split for USC. They on their 3 rd string QB… he is Obviously not an OU fan favorite…
I think he will enter the portal pretty quick. The team definitely became completely different when Caleb came in. Riley should have went with him long ago.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But i thought Rattler was the second coming, next big thing and the next Heisman winner? While the second string kid came in and did well he also made some very lucky passes for big yards that were sent up as a prayer and were caught. Several that were probably very inadivsable throws if you were a coach. It will be interesting to see the OU fan base reaction if he has a tough next couple games.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad kept saying it’s the lines fault.
I think the line still has problems, but CW was handling them better. When the protection broke down, Rattler looked like he was scrambling for his life, but CW just sidestepped the rushers while keeping his focus on his receivers.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But i thought Rattler was the second coming, next big thing and the next Heisman winner? While the second string kid came in and did well he also made some very lucky passes for big yards that were sent up as a prayer and were caught. Several that were probably very inadivsable throws if you were a coach. It will be interesting to see the OU fan base reaction if he has a tough next couple games.

Moments before this post...

1633838454133.png

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will just say that if Williams becomes the starter for the rest of the year, the portal is absolutely what Rattler needs to do. He is a really good QB (he doesn't always make great decisions) and has the potential to be a very high NFL draft pick, but being a backup behind anyone will cost him a lot of draft position. He will probably need to transfer somewhere he can start, and play another year or it will cost him a LOT of potential income. If that's what Rattler ends up doing, I won't blame him a bit.

OU has another QB recruit in the 2023 class who is about as highly rated as Rattler and Williams were. OU will probably continue to have kids sitting on the bench that could start most places.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that a few of his passes were hail Mary types that worked out by a little luck and fantastic effort of receiver.

I think he should get his spot, but agree with you that expectations should probably be tempered a bit.

Edited for typo.

Last edited:

Range Plunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The game may have awakened the OU Sooners for the rest of the season. As for Rattler, he showed a lot of class coming in and successfully passing for the extra points. While many may disagree; but, Rattler should be given the opportunity to start the next game.

Latest posts

Top Bottom