Bought groceries today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I filled up my little car today which only has a 10-gallon tank, and it was $40. I don't know how young couples with kids and low paying jobs make it.

We filled up all three vehicles today. 🤦 There was definitely some sticker shock involved. I don't remember the last time I went to the grocery store and got out of there for less than $30-40 bucks. I'm like you -- I have no idea what young families, single moms and dads, and kids trying to make it on their own do it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feed 11 people almost daily. You don't want to know how much we spend on groceries in a month. Oh, and my wife and I eat keto so no cheap carbs to eat as filler.

How long has she been keto, if you don't mind if I ask?? Has it helped her?? I've been at the carnivore thing for a little over a month now and I feel like a different person.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We filled up all three vehicles today. 🤦 There was definitely some sticker shock involved. I don't remember the last time I went to the grocery store and got out of there for less than $30-40 bucks. I'm like you -- I have no idea what young families, single moms and dads, and kids trying to make it on their own do it.
Youngons call mom and dad for handouts now days, but they need their Starbucks

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Youngons call mom and dad for handouts now days, but they need their Starbucks
Yep. I was helping a girl at church with her budget and she couldn't stand the thought of not spending $200 a month at Starbucks. Most of it going on a 29% credit card. Things are high but some people are reluctant to help themselves.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How long has she been keto, if you don't mind if I ask?? Has it helped her?? I've been at the carnivore thing for a little over a month now and I feel like a different person.
Maybe 18 months. She's 5' 4" and went from around 170 down to around 120, but doesn't work out or anything, just the diet. I'm almost 6' 1" and started on New Years Day and went from 260 to 219, but I exercise (cut firewood w/ an axe, about 6 cords this year). I've lost a lot of fat, but also put on a decent amount of muscle. I now have some traps, can flex my pecs, bigger arms, my glutes are a little bigger, my already large quads, hammies, and calves are bigger and more toned. I do still have some belly fat, but I'm noticing that my love handles are going away and I can flex my abs, but no 6 pack or anything. Halloween and the holidays are going to be hard because I have a huge sweet tooth, but I have 8 kids right now who need a dad who isn't a fat sack of poo so I have good motivation. Another thing we did was up our water intake. I don't know how much she drinks, but I went from 2-3 liters to 4-6 liters per day.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love beef, deer, antelope. You can keep the chicken though
Chicken is boring, but it's relatively inexpensive and using good marinades and cooking styles makes it half decent. I grill meat at least 5 nights per week, plus I'll smoke some whenever I fire up the smoker. I made salisbury steaks tonight with equal parts ground beef, pork, and deer sausage. It was delicious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom